Barn conversion

The place to show off your Revit skills to the rest of the world! (Please see the sticky post in this forum for details on uploading your images)

Re: Barn conversion

Postby AaronK » Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:47 pm

Thanks Tim,

How do you get on with the Design Options feaure? It's one area of Revit that I keep meaning to explore but never seem to find the time :?

Is it worth learing it. We have to explore many options as part of our design process. We normally end up just saving the revit project file with a few different names (Option1, Option2, etc) and changing each one accordingly.

Thanks
Aaron

tim123 wrote:To model the barn as existing probably took about a day. The design process took a while as we went through many options (using design options) until we were happy to send it in for planning approval. I would think to model the solution as designed would take about a day also.

I think that one could become fairly competent at using Revit fairly quickly, depending on how much you use it and how much you are preepared to explore the software and figure out some of the more intricate capabilities. Doing tutorials and following forums such as this one also help to improve Revit skills. I'm not sure how long you've been using Revit, but keep going - you can only get better.
AaronK

Postby tim123 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:55 pm

The design options feature works quite well and is surprisingly easy once you've got the concept. It will save loads of time compared to having different files. Once the design option is initiated, add all the relevant parts of the models to it. Just remember to accept the primary once a decision has been made.
tim123
Regular

Postby AaronK » Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:30 am

Thanks Tim.

Design Options sounds promising. Will definitely take a look.

Aaron

tim123 wrote:The design options feature works quite well and is surprisingly easy once you've got the concept. It will save loads of time compared to having different files. Once the design option is initiated, add all the relevant parts of the models to it. Just remember to accept the primary once a decision has been made.
AaronK

Postby bcthompson » Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:51 am

Looks great, I have heard there's a plugin coming out for framing in Revit, anyone know about this? For a project like this it looks like you've got some custom framing but a plugin like that would make quick work of the standard stuff...
bcthompson

Postby Revit Zone » Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:20 am

bcthompson wrote:Looks great, I have heard there's a plugin coming out for framing in Revit, anyone know about this? For a project like this it looks like you've got some custom framing but a plugin like that would make quick work of the standard stuff...

Hi there!

A huge welcome to you on behalf of everyone here on the forums.

The framing tool was included in the Revit 2010 Subscription Advantage Pack. It is highly likely that it will be included by default in Revit 2011- I cannot see why they wouldn't- but you never know!

Cheers,
Ian
The Complete Beginner’s Guide to Autodesk Revit Architecture (FREE 84 part online video Course)
A complete 84 part written / video Course, aimed at Beginners. For the course itinerary and details of how to enrol, click the title link above.
Revit Zone
Site Admin

Previous

Return to The Gallery