Listed house extension

The place to show off your Revit skills to the rest of the world! (Please see the sticky post in this forum for details on uploading your images)

Re: Listed house extension

Postby IDN » Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:06 pm

tim123 wrote:Depending on the lights, can take from 10 to 30 hours. I generally let them run overnight, or set it up with really high settings to render over the weekend. These images are about 10% of the rendered size, so they lose a bit.

Hi,

Can I ask why you render them to such a high quality? Is it to publish in magazines, etc or do you need to produce large format (A1?) printed images for Clients?

IDN
IDN

Postby tim123 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:40 pm

I find that rendering at high quality gives a more realistic rendering, even when reduced. When exported as JPGs, the image size is not that large, although as TIFFs they can be quite big. I often present them as A4 drawings to the client and we also use them as part of the planning application process. At A4 I think that the quality between 'high' and 'best' is noticeable.
tim123
Regular

Postby IDN » Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:23 pm

tim123 wrote:I find that rendering at high quality gives a more realistic rendering, even when reduced. When exported as JPGs, the image size is not that large, although as TIFFs they can be quite big. I often present them as A4 drawings to the client and we also use them as part of the planning application process. At A4 I think that the quality between 'high' and 'best' is noticeable.

That makes a lot of sense. Thanks for the info.
IDN

Previous

Return to The Gallery