Mixed Use

The place to show off your Revit skills to the rest of the world! (Please see the sticky post in this forum for details on uploading your images)

Mixed Use

Postby bcthompson » Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:51 pm

Design study for a mixed use building with retail at street level since I usually do residential and wanted to branch out a bit. This is the first of 2 design options, the second will have right-angled glazing at wall corners, right-angles on the balcony corners with glass railings, and more traditonal shed roofing for a more modern look (may upload a parametric standing seam metal roof if I decide to make one for this project). Probably going to dupe one of the levels as well to make it 5story. Each design option will have a second view from the back parking lot as well, I'll post those when I finsh them.

The car models were downloaded from RevitCity (didn't think to check here first) and the scalies were just Bing searches that I photoshopped out of their backgrounds.
Attachments
MixedUse Design Option 1 Main View Resized.jpg
MixedUse Design Option 1 Main View Resized.jpg (98.15 KiB) Viewed 462 times
bcthompson

Re: Mixed Use

Postby Saw » Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:13 pm

I like it :)

Vey nice model. Can't wait to see the Design Option when you have it ready.

Mike
Saw
Regular

Postby bcthompson » Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:11 pm

Thanks, currently taking an Intro to Sketchup class and working on the final (only a simple model is required but I'm doing all the framing and finishes for practice ;) ) so it will probably be a few weeks before I get back to work on this thing
bcthompson

Postby Revit Zone » Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:15 pm

Thanks for sharing this with us! Superb piece of work.

When you saying taking an intro to Sketchup course- are you learning it, or are you teaching it?

Sketchup is a brilliant bit of kit- I love it! It's like chalk and cheese when compared to Revit- but it's all "horses for courses"

Cheers,
Ian
The Complete Beginner’s Guide to Autodesk Revit Architecture (FREE 84 part online video Course)
A complete 84 part written / video Course, aimed at Beginners. For the course itinerary and details of how to enrol, click the title link above.
Revit Zone
Site Admin

Postby bcthompson » Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:23 pm

Just taking, not teaching, although it's something I'm very familiar with so I end up helping out a lot of the folks who are falling behind. Learning some interesting things though, like making an animation between two sections to show a building sort of being built from the ground up. Makes me want to play with Revit's animation functions...
bcthompson

Postby Revit Zone » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:39 am

bcthompson wrote:Just taking, not teaching, although it's something I'm very familiar with so I end up helping out a lot of the folks who are falling behind. Learning some interesting things though, like making an animation between two sections to show a building sort of being built from the ground up. Makes me want to play with Revit's animation functions...

'Sounds great. What level is the course pitched at? Sounds like you may be too advanced for it?! ;)

Cheers,
Ian
The Complete Beginner’s Guide to Autodesk Revit Architecture (FREE 84 part online video Course)
A complete 84 part written / video Course, aimed at Beginners. For the course itinerary and details of how to enrol, click the title link above.
Revit Zone
Site Admin

Postby Saw » Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:44 am

Can I ask where you got the car models from?

Mike
Saw
Regular

Postby James » Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:53 am

Saw wrote:Can I ask where you got the car models from?

Mike

he mentions revitcity.com, im gonna take a look as i think my clients are sick of seeing Beetles :lol:
Plowman Craven aim to be at the forefront of technology, especially within the BIM environment.
James
Regular

Postby Saw » Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:17 am

James wrote:

Mike

he mentions revitcity.com, im gonna take a look as i think my clients are sick of seeing Beetles :lol:

Yep- everyone owns a Beetle in Revitville :)
Saw
Regular

Postby Saw » Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:17 am

James wrote:

Mike

Yep- everyone owns a Beetle in Revitville :)
Saw
Regular

Next

Return to The Gallery