An old stable conversion

The place to show off your Revit skills to the rest of the world! (Please see the sticky post in this forum for details on uploading your images)

An old stable conversion

Postby nealmac » Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:02 pm

This is a project I've been working on for the last day or 2. It's an old stable building being converted into office units.

Bugger I just noticed I never returned the brickwork into the reveals :x
Attachments
3D View 2.jpg
3D View 2.jpg (37.07 KiB) Viewed 594 times
3D View 1.jpg
3D View 1.jpg (11.49 KiB) Viewed 594 times
When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
nealmac
Regular

Re: An old stable conversion

Postby Saw » Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:17 pm

Very, very nice work Sir :)

Mike
Saw
Regular

Postby Revit Zone » Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:00 pm

Great images!

Many thanks for sharing these with us. Is this going to be a live project?

Cheers,
Ian
The Complete Beginner’s Guide to Autodesk Revit Architecture (FREE 84 part online video Course)
A complete 84 part written / video Course, aimed at Beginners. For the course itinerary and details of how to enrol, click the title link above.
Revit Zone
Site Admin

Postby nealmac » Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:59 pm

Cheers, guys.

"Live"? As in?
When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
nealmac
Regular

Postby Revit Zone » Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:01 am

nealmac wrote:Cheers, guys.

"Live"? As in?

Live, as in alive. ie is it a real project that is going to be constructed, or just a feasibility stage project?

Nice rendering of the stone walls :D

Cheers,
Ian
The Complete Beginner’s Guide to Autodesk Revit Architecture (FREE 84 part online video Course)
A complete 84 part written / video Course, aimed at Beginners. For the course itinerary and details of how to enrol, click the title link above.
Revit Zone
Site Admin

Postby Andreas14 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:09 am

That's a really nice model. Could you please tell me how you made the brick window surrounds?

thanks
Andreas
Andreas14

Postby nealmac » Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:10 am

revit.biz wrote:
nealmac wrote:Cheers, guys.

"Live"? As in?

Live, as in alive. ie is it a real project that is going to be constructed, or just a feasibility stage project?

Nice rendering of the stone walls :D

Cheers,
Ian

Ah, I thought you meant collaboration or something.

Yeah, it's definitely going ahead. It's an existing building, but all that exists are just the outer walls and the roof, which has to be stripped. I only did this up for experimental purposes.

It will also earn me some brownie points with Mr. Boss.
nealmac
Regular

Postby nealmac » Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:13 am

Andreas14 wrote:That's a really nice model. Could you please tell me how you made the brick window surrounds?

thanks
Andreas

I just created an in-place family of extrusions, and copied them from door to door. You could make a proper parametric family either, and assign it to the door family, with a visibility option, for switching it on or off, but that's waaaaay too much work for me.
nealmac
Regular

Postby Andreas14 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:32 am

nealmac wrote:
Andreas14 wrote:That's a really nice model. Could you please tell me how you made the brick window surrounds?

thanks
Andreas

I just created an in-place family of extrusions, and copied them from door to door. You could make a proper parametric family either, and assign it to the door family, with a visibility option, for switching it on or off, but that's waaaaay too much work for me.

Thanks. It is very effective.

Andreas
Andreas14

Return to The Gallery