wall wraps and wall closures

All questions relating to any aspect of 3D modelling with revit should be posted here

wall wraps and wall closures

Postby Tom Mc » Fri May 03, 2013 12:19 am

I'm having trouble with wrapping the ends of a simple wall. The wall is simply a stud frame (timber 100mm) with sheet metal (20mm metal deck) on the outside. The decking runs down, overlaps, 30mm past the bottom edge of the timber frame. In 3D view it appears as though the metal is wrapping around the edges, but in plan view it appears as though the timber frame runs through to the edge and the metal does not appear to wrap. In the 'Edit Assembly' dialogue 'Wraps' for metal decking is checked on with a tick. In the 'Type Properties' for the wall, the 'Wrapping at Ends' parameter is on 'Exterior' (plus I've tried it on every other mode as well in an attempt to get it to wrap properly).
I've read the recent post 'Wall Wraps and Wall Closures', but haven't found anything enlightening in there. Any help much appreciated, thankyou.
Attachments
Capture2.JPG
This is a picture showing the wall in plan view, notice that the metal decking does not wrap, and the timber frame goes right through to the outside.
Capture2.JPG (21.86 KiB) Viewed 150 times
Capture.JPG
3D view of the wall appears to show the metal cladding as wrapping around the timber frame.
Capture.JPG (34.44 KiB) Viewed 150 times
Tom Mc

Return to 3D modelling