skillion roof to known, set wall heights

All questions relating to any aspect of 3D modelling with revit should be posted here

skillion roof to known, set wall heights

Postby Tom Mc » Fri May 03, 2013 2:38 am

I've just read the Revit Zone article on how to draw a skillion roof using the slope arrow ("Roofs: Using Slope Arrows"). The technique is good if you know what your EAVE HEIGHTS need to be, however, I'm trying to draw a roof that joins to WALLS at a known, set height. I don't know or care about what the eave heights will end up being. The roof overhangs by 1000mm all round. When I draw the roof, the tail of the slope arrow must lie on a roof boundary (this is required by REVIT). This point is unrelated to the position of the wall below. I'm able to set the position of the HEAD of the slope arrow so that it relates to the wall below. I can set the level of the tail of the slope arrow, but since this point is 1000mm away from the wall, it means that I have to either extend the wall up to attach to the roof, or try to bring the roof down to the level of the wall, which I'm having difficulty doing.
Do you have any suggestions for how to create a skillion roof to suit set wall heights? I can re-state my querie if it is not clear enough. Thanks in advance for any advice. Regards, Tom.
Attachments
Capture3.JPG
section shows roof attached to north wall, but not south wall
Capture3.JPG (23.22 KiB) Viewed 187 times
Capture2.JPG
slope arrow starts on roof boundary at south, but the head is located above the north wall
Capture2.JPG (20.63 KiB) Viewed 187 times
Last edited by Tom Mc on Sat May 04, 2013 1:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tom Mc

Re: skillion roof to known, set wall heights

Postby Saw » Fri May 03, 2013 1:22 pm

Hi Tom,

Some screen shots may help, if possible?

Regards,
Mike
Saw
Regular

Re: skillion roof to known, set wall heights

Postby Conman » Mon May 13, 2013 5:08 pm

draw roof as an extrusion from the side view instead?
Conman

Return to 3D modelling