wall join to adjacent wall

All questions relating to any aspect of 3D modelling with revit should be posted here

wall join to adjacent wall

Postby Tom Mc » Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:44 am

Hello, thanks for reading this... When I draw 2 different wall types ("Wall A" and "Wall B"), the core of Wall A wants to cut right in to the core of Wall B and make the join in there, instead of simply butt-joining at the outside of Wall B (which is what I'm aiming for). It may have something to do with the end of the wall wanting to snap to the gridlines that are in place? What's the best way to deal with this?

Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (19.59 KiB) Viewed 289 times
Tom Mc

Re: wall join to adjacent wall

Postby Revit Zone » Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:25 am

Hi :)

It is all to do with the "Priorities" of the wall layers and how they try to interface with their counterparts in the Walls they attach to.

The easiest solution by far is to click in the properties for the end of Wall A. First of all pull the end of the wall right away from Wall B. Then righ click on the end of wall A and select "Disallow Join". This tells Revit to not even try to interface the 2 Walls. You can now manually pull the end of the wall back into the position you want.

The better, long term solution is to edit the make-up of wall A and adjust he layer priorities to that they they interface correctly.

I'll be doing in depth tutorials on this in the next few months.

Hope this helps,

Regards,
Ian
The Complete Beginner’s Guide to Autodesk Revit Architecture (FREE 84 part online video Course)
A complete 84 part written / video Course, aimed at Beginners. For the course itinerary and details of how to enrol, click the title link above.
Revit Zone
Site Admin

Postby Tom Mc » Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:46 am

Thanks Ian, that worked. I'll stay tuned....I'm keen to read your up-coming tutorials on the better, long term solution (editing the make-up of the wall, adjusting the layer priorities so that they interface correctly). Thanks again.
Tom Mc

Postby Revit Zone » Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:02 am

No probs :)

This article.......

http://www.revitzone.com/3d-modelling/1 ... l-closures

....goes a long way to explaining the concept.

Kind regards,
Ian
The Complete Beginner’s Guide to Autodesk Revit Architecture (FREE 84 part online video Course)
A complete 84 part written / video Course, aimed at Beginners. For the course itinerary and details of how to enrol, click the title link above.
Revit Zone
Site Admin

Return to 3D modelling