Stairs - 3D View

All questions relating to any aspect of 3D modelling with revit should be posted here

Stairs - 3D View

Postby ICPReilly » Sat Mar 15, 2014 3:13 pm

Hi,
I have a concrete lift shaft in my project and am trying to model a stair case around it.
Everything appears to be fine in plan view but when I try to view it in 3D it disappears.
I am not very experienced and this me be a simple fix but I've been at it for hours and can't solve it.
Can anyone help, please?
ICPReilly

Re: Stairs - 3D View

Postby nealmac » Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:35 pm

There are many reasons why certain components don't show up in certain views, so I'm not going to go through them all. But I'll give you the one that gets me every time.

Is it possible you you have the plan view and the 3D view set to different phases? For example, let's say it's a new staircase (modeled on the "new construction" phase). The plan view shows the "new construction" and the 3D view shows "existing". Therefore, the staircase won't show up on the 3D view, because as far as Revit is concerned, it hasn't been built yet!
When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
nealmac
Regular

Re: Stairs - 3D View

Postby ICPReilly » Wed Mar 19, 2014 1:21 pm

Thanks nealmac,
I tried that but still no stairs, I have turned on the visibility graphics options for stairs in every view, as well, but just can't see them
in 3D, even though everything else is showing in the wireframe and shaded view types. I'm stumped!
ICPReilly

Return to 3D modelling