Inserting Fixtures

This forum is for the general discussion of Revit MEP

Inserting Fixtures

Postby shorty » Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:43 pm

Hi Guys can any body help am having a brain block. I am trying to insert a basin and i can not insert it in the upright position instead it is lying down. I know that when using normal mep or cad you can contol the ucs etc and rotate it, but not sure how i can do this. Have tried inserting in different view etc but have no luck :?
Basin (200x113).jpg
Basin (200x113).jpg (36.74 KiB) Viewed 172 times
shorty

Re: Inserting Fixtures

Postby Conman » Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:00 pm

is it a 2D detail?
Try hitting the space bar to rotate before you left click?

It looks like it is showing the basin and pedestal in elevation as 2D in which case i guess that it should go into an elevation view? If it is a 2D detail though it will not show in any other views.
Conman

Postby shorty » Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:49 pm

Ha ha ha ha i have just found out where i was going wrong. I was inserting it on my plan view and it was using the wall as the host, so then went into 3d view and inserted there with the floor as host. Thanks for help but it was me be stupid.
shorty

Postby Revit Zone » Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:00 pm

shorty wrote:Ha ha ha ha i have just found out where i was going wrong. I was inserting it on my plan view and it was using the wall as the host, so then went into 3d view and inserted there with the floor as host. Thanks for help but it was me be stupid.

Shorty- you just beat me to it! :)

I was going to suggest that this may be what you were doing- only because the mech engineer in our office was doing EXACTLY the same thing a couple of weeks ago. Glad you got it sorted out.

Regards,
Ian
The Complete Beginner’s Guide to Autodesk Revit Architecture (FREE 84 part online video Course)
A complete 84 part written / video Course, aimed at Beginners. For the course itinerary and details of how to enrol, click the title link above.
Revit Zone
Site Admin

Return to Revit MEP: General questions