Webste gone a bit queit lately?

We take suggestions & feedback very seriously. If you have any issues with Revit Zone or ideas to make it better, we'd love to hear from you.

Webste gone a bit queit lately?

Postby Saw » Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:42 pm

Hi Ian,

It seems there aren't many new articles or news items on the main website these days? IS Revit Zone starting to fade? (I sincerely hope not ;) )

Mike
Saw
Regular

Re: Webste gone a bit queit lately?

Postby Revit Zone » Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:32 pm

Hi Mike,

No, Revit Zone isn't going away :) It's just that life has really been a bit hectic lately. I have studying to beocme a BREEAM Accredited Professional and that has taken up a lot of time. I have the workshop day and exam for that, next week at the BRE. Can't wait!!!!

Cheers for now,
Ian
The Complete Beginner’s Guide to Autodesk Revit Architecture (FREE 84 part online video Course)
A complete 84 part written / video Course, aimed at Beginners. For the course itinerary and details of how to enrol, click the title link above.
Revit Zone
Site Admin

Postby James » Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:32 pm

Revit Zone wrote:Hi Mike,

No, Revit Zone isn't going away :) It's just that life has really been a bit hectic lately. I have studying to beocme a BREEAM Accredited Professional and that has taken up a lot of time. I have the workshop day and exam for that, next week at the BRE. Can't wait!!!!

Cheers for now,
Ian

very nice and well done!

im about to embark on becoming a CSH assessor, just gotta get my act together and book the course and exam!
Plowman Craven aim to be at the forefront of technology, especially within the BIM environment.
James
Regular

Postby Revit Zone » Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:15 pm

James wrote:
Revit Zone wrote:Hi Mike,

Cheers for now,
Ian

very nice and well done!

im about to embark on becoming a CSH assessor, just gotta get my act together and book the course and exam!

Cool! Will you be doing the course through the BRE?
Please let us know how you get on?

PS: Would you like to see a "Revit & Sustainability" forum on here- I think it will be VERY relevent in the near future as we start to use BIM information more and more in the design process, to create sustainable, energy efficient buildings. Let me know what you think and I'll set it up.

Cheers,
Ian
The Complete Beginner’s Guide to Autodesk Revit Architecture (FREE 84 part online video Course)
A complete 84 part written / video Course, aimed at Beginners. For the course itinerary and details of how to enrol, click the title link above.
Revit Zone
Site Admin

Postby nealmac » Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:36 pm

I noticed it got a bit quiet too. Is there any way to up the chances of the site being found on a Google search?
When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
nealmac
Regular

Postby Revit Zone » Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:33 am

Hi Neal :)

Yes, it has gone very queit on here lately! But that's about to all change right now! Basically, I have managed to jack-in alot of different activities that were taking up too much time. I've also finished my BREEAM AP training (and passed :) )- so that's more time that is now available.

So you will definitely see a lot more activity on Revit Zone over the coming weeks and months. With regards Google rankings- Revit Zone always appeared on the first page of Google, for the search term "Revit"- which I was very proud of. It has now slipped to the top of page two- due to the inactivity on the site. I am not concerned at all- because as soon as new articles start appearing on the site, the google bots will pick them up and review the ranking accordingly. Let's get to no.1 baby!!!!!

Thanks again for your input and support,

Kind regards
Ian
Revit Zone
Site Admin

Postby nealmac » Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:36 am

Wayhee. It's now the fifth hit on Google, with the search "Revit". Hopefully this will attract some new members.
When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
nealmac
Regular

Postby Revit Zone » Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:10 am

Thanks Neal!

I trihnk it's the "slow but sure" approach- new members gradually find us- and most members only lurk and not post- that's the same on any forum. But I'm VERY appreciative of the members we do have- who drop by now and then. I've got two new articles almost ready- one on "Titleblocks" and the other on "Design Option"- so that may get a bit of interest.

Thanks once again.

We are also on the first page of google for the search term "revit forum"

And guess who's number one for "revit ceilings"? :) :) :)

Cheers,
Ian
Revit Zone
Site Admin

Postby James » Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:11 pm

i look forward to reading the Design option article as this is something i rarely use due to always messing it up
Plowman Craven aim to be at the forefront of technology, especially within the BIM environment.
James
Regular

Postby Revit Zone » Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:47 pm

James wrote:i look forward to reading the Design option article as this is something i rarely use due to always messing it up

Hi James,

Design Options are one of those things that you put off using because they seem to much hassle- but once you get your head around them- you can't get enough of them!

Should be able to get the article out by the end of next Thursday- it'll have a simple step-by-step example

Cheers,
Ian
Revit Zone
Site Admin

Next

Return to Suggestions & Feedback