I feel sorry for Ian

We take suggestions & feedback very seriously. If you have any issues with Revit Zone or ideas to make it better, we'd love to hear from you.

I feel sorry for Ian

Postby nealmac » Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:38 am

He's posting some great articles (seriously guys, if you haven't read them, read them now) and yet this forum has about as much action as a dry fart. I don't post much here anymore because a: I usually don't know the answers to a lot of the questions, and b: because I'm doing fairly well with Revit and don't have any need at the moment.

But anyway, is there some way we can promote this site? I mean get it out to a wider audience? The reason I joined here (as opposed to revitcity and augi) is because of the "athmosphere" about the place. All the old members seemed to have a great relationship with each other. It was nearly like they were best buddies. I joined at the time when Ian changed servers and changed the name and URL etc. I could have sworn that there was a lot more action on the older site (although, admittedly, I didn't see too much of it).

So anyway, can we get a bit more life injected into this place? I have no idea about how to go getting your site to the top of Google, but I'm sure it's not impossible. Also, if any of your mates or work colleagues use Revit, pass this site on to them.

Anyone got any other ideas?
When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
nealmac
Regular

Re: I feel sorry for Ian

Postby Revit Zone » Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:40 pm

Hi Neal :)

Many, many thanks for the support. To be honest, I'm not concerned by the low traffic on the forums at the moment. I'm in this the for the LONG haul- so people will come and contribute when they're ready.

I rest easy in the knowledge that the "good guys" like yourself and many others, drop-in from time to time and haven;t forgot about us!
With regards Google, I am very pleased that Revit Zone remains on the "first" page (just!) of results when you search for "revit".
We're also on the fist page when you search for "revit forum" and "revit forums".

You may have noticed that I'm concentrating on the main site at the moment. The target is at least one new article per week day- and I've kept that up since Jan 1st so far. Just posted another new one now.

So even if it ended up just you and I here, I'm going to keep going!!!! I've made it a life ambition (among others- I'm not that sad!) to know as much as I can about Revit. Adn while I'm learning, I'll keep writing.

Thanks once again for your (and everyone else's) support :)

Kind regards,
Ian
The Complete Beginner’s Guide to Autodesk Revit Architecture (FREE 84 part online video Course)
A complete 84 part written / video Course, aimed at Beginners. For the course itinerary and details of how to enrol, click the title link above.
Revit Zone
Site Admin

Postby nealmac » Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:54 am

Well that's good to hear. I have to say I'm loving all these new new articles.
When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
nealmac
Regular

Postby Revit Zone » Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:59 am

Cheers Neal :)
PLENTY more on the way!!!!

Not sure if you use Twitter- but I have an AutoTeet module installed on the site- so as soon as a new article is published, a tweet (with link) is automatically sent.

Cheers,
Ian
The Complete Beginner’s Guide to Autodesk Revit Architecture (FREE 84 part online video Course)
A complete 84 part written / video Course, aimed at Beginners. For the course itinerary and details of how to enrol, click the title link above.
Revit Zone
Site Admin

Postby nealmac » Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:10 pm

I don't use twitter. It's blocked here at work.

I could use it at home. I don't really know much about it, to be honest. I really should read up on what it's for.
nealmac
Regular

Postby Revit Zone » Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:28 pm

Twitter is like everything else on the net- there's a mixture of really useful stuff and tons and tons of dross!

It's really good for keeping up with snippets of news, articles, etc.

Twitter is one of thhose things that's very hard to expl;ain the concept and appeal- you just need to try it for a month and see if you like it. It works best on a mobile device- as the "tweets" come thick and fast- the advantage being that you are getting news "as it happens".

Cheers,
ian
Revit Zone
Site Admin

Postby nealmac » Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:41 pm

Might have a go at setting it up on the Blackberry.

Although thinking about it, the bastards probably have that blocked too :D
nealmac
Regular

Postby Revit Zone » Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:47 pm

nealmac wrote: Although thinking about it, the bastards probably have that blocked too :D

Sounds like our place :roll:
Revit Zone
Site Admin

Return to Suggestions & Feedback