Yay For Ian!

We take suggestions & feedback very seriously. If you have any issues with Revit Zone or ideas to make it better, we'd love to hear from you.

Yay For Ian!

Postby rdavies1973 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:55 am

Hi Ian

Just a quick message to say a big thanks for all the posts/tutorials you've been putting up recently.

Last year I got roped into becoming a Revit tutor (at short notice) where I studied. Bumbled my way through it and my students were happy (and all passed). The posts you've being doing recently will go a HUGE way to me cementing my skills for passing on Revit knowledge and helping to breed a whole new generation of Revit users (evil laugh).

I know you've done a 'create door family' tutorial in the past, but can't recall if there's a window one. (or vice versa).

Any chance of getting a window tutorial that includes say ... A window with two panes (variable vertical mullion), and one of the panels being either awning or sliding? I realise that this family is readily available, but seeing how it is constructed would help me deliver more info to my students (anf help me build my own libraries).

Thanks in advance again, for everything.
rdavies1973

Re: Yay For Ian!

Postby rdavies1973 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:23 am

Got another couple of queries ... how to add roof ridges (tile and/or steel), and also making gutters bend corners on the vertical plane. The fascia tool will happily pur fascias on nearly any roof edge, but not all guttering will be attached to these fascias.

An example would be: A gutter sitting on a boundary brick wall (no eave) that connects to a pitched eave running at right angles. (common scenario in Australia).

If too confusing let me know and I'll post a diagram ...
rdavies1973

Postby Revit Zone » Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:34 am

Hey! :)

Many, many thanks for the feedback- you are very welcome! I really do enjoy learning about Revit and sharing with others. I see no reason to stop anytime soon! ;)

You are right- I did have a door family tutorial on the old site. I think it's an excellent idea that we get an upto date one on here pretty soon. I'll start planning out the articles- will probably be in 10 (digestable) parts. I should be able to get it all done by (say) end of Feb. In the meanwhile I'm going to try and stick to the "one a day" short articles.

With regards the gutter problem. Could you please post a sketch / image to a new topic on the "General" formum?

Thanks once again!

Regards,
ian
The Complete Beginner’s Guide to Autodesk Revit Architecture (FREE 84 part online video Course)
A complete 84 part written / video Course, aimed at Beginners. For the course itinerary and details of how to enrol, click the title link above.
Revit Zone
Site Admin

Postby Revit Zone » Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:00 pm

Just to let everybody know that I've finally managed to start cranking out the rest of the Custom Door Family articles!

Cheers for your patience!

Ian
The Complete Beginner’s Guide to Autodesk Revit Architecture (FREE 84 part online video Course)
A complete 84 part written / video Course, aimed at Beginners. For the course itinerary and details of how to enrol, click the title link above.
Revit Zone
Site Admin

Return to Suggestions & Feedback