detailing / drafting articles

We take suggestions & feedback very seriously. If you have any issues with Revit Zone or ideas to make it better, we'd love to hear from you.

detailing / drafting articles

Postby JayT » Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:44 pm

Any chance of more articles on the detailing / 2D side of Revit. I ntoice you only have one article, on dimensioning?

thanks
JayT

Re: detailing / drafting articles

Postby Revit Zone » Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:45 am

Yes, a lot of these coming- fairly soon
The Complete Beginner’s Guide to Autodesk Revit Architecture (FREE 84 part online video Course)
A complete 84 part written / video Course, aimed at Beginners. For the course itinerary and details of how to enrol, click the title link above.
Revit Zone
Site Admin

Postby JayT » Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:05 pm

Revit Zone wrote:Yes, a lot of these coming- fairly soon

That's great :D Any idea what the first one will be about? Any chance of something on creating repeating details?
JayT

Postby g.flores14 » Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:37 pm

Jay T, when you refere to repeating details are you talking about Typical and Standard details? If you are I would suggest creating them as drafting views and saving them in a project file where you can place them on sheets and create a PDF or plot them out so that they can be easily referenced and modifiied as needed. It simplifies bringing them in as well. You can link cut in lan by checking the reference other view box and selecting the detail from the drop down. I also recommend using as few live cuts as possible since they can be inadvertantly moved which will throw leaders and text off. I would also suggest hidding you original live cut and placing reference cuts to avoid the before mentioned issue. You can also duplicate the drafting views and make alterations to them, make sure you do so with Detailing.

You can bring the detail views in by going to the insert tab and selecting Insert from File and Insert Views from File slect the project file with your typical and standard details and then select the particular views you want to bring into to your project.

I hope this was helpful.
g.flores14

Postby feaanalysis » Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:58 am

Hello members!

I would like to introduce myself as CAD drafter and would like to get answers from forum members.

Looking forward to your kind support!

Regards
Michael
feaanalysis

Postby JayT » Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:36 pm

g.flores14 wrote:Jay T, when you refere to repeating details are you talking about Typical and Standard details? If you are I would suggest creating them as drafting views and saving them in a project file where you can place them on sheets and create a PDF or plot them out so that they can be easily referenced and modifiied as needed. It simplifies bringing them in as well. You can link cut in lan by checking the reference other view box and selecting the detail from the drop down. I also recommend using as few live cuts as possible since they can be inadvertantly moved which will throw leaders and text off. I would also suggest hidding you original live cut and placing reference cuts to avoid the before mentioned issue. You can also duplicate the drafting views and make alterations to them, make sure you do so with Detailing.

You can bring the detail views in by going to the insert tab and selecting Insert from File and Insert Views from File slect the project file with your typical and standard details and then select the particular views you want to bring into to your project.

I hope this was helpful.

Many thanks for your help. I've only just logged back on this forum, so apologies for the delay in replying.

Jay
JayT

Postby Revit Zone » Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:03 pm

feaanalysis wrote:Hello members!

I would like to introduce myself as CAD drafter and would like to get answers from forum members.

Looking forward to your kind support!

Regards
Michael

Hi there Michael! :D

A VERY warm welcome to our Revit community. Many apologies for the delay in the approval of your first post- this was due a glitch my end, resulting in me not being notified that your post was pending approval. :oops:

Glad to have you on board :D

Kind regards,
Ian
The Complete Beginner’s Guide to Autodesk Revit Architecture (FREE 84 part online video Course)
A complete 84 part written / video Course, aimed at Beginners. For the course itinerary and details of how to enrol, click the title link above.
Revit Zone
Site Admin

Postby Conman » Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:59 am

Some of the autodesk tutorial videos have good 2D detailing coverage as does the blog of: http://revit-detail.blogspot.co.uk.
Best advice i would give you is to get yourself registered on the autodesk education community http://students.autodesk.com/ and then search for the video tutorials. alternatively they can be found under the autodesk ed channel on youtube. Revit 2011 has a series of 14 videos that cover all of the functionality and has some good 2D detaling coverage in video 8 and 9 if i remember correctly.

check those out to get you going and when you get problems post inot this excellent forum for great answers.
good luck
Conman

Postby RockDog » Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:53 pm

Conman wrote:Some of the autodesk tutorial videos have good 2D detailing coverage as does the blog of: http://revit-detail.blogspot.co.uk.
Best advice i would give you is to get yourself registered on the autodesk education community http://students.autodesk.com/ and then search for the video tutorials. alternatively they can be found under the autodesk ed channel on youtube. Revit 2011 has a series of 14 videos that cover all of the functionality and has some good 2D detaling coverage in video 8 and 9 if i remember correctly.

check those out to get you going and when you get problems post inot this excellent forum for great answers.
good luck

Nice find :P

Thanks for posting
RockDog

Return to Suggestions & Feedback