Tapatalk

We take suggestions & feedback very seriously. If you have any issues with Revit Zone or ideas to make it better, we'd love to hear from you.

Tapatalk

Postby nealmac » Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:47 am

Ian, just wondering is there any way you could possibly get Revit Zone to be "Tapatalk" enabled?

For those that don't know, Tapatalk is a cool app available for iPhone, Blackberry and Android that allows you to view certain forums with it. I know there are various other similar apps for viewing forums, but Tapatalk is head and shoulders above anything I've seen yet. Most of these apps only allow for basic viewing, but Tapatalk keeps quite a lot of the forums other stuff like formatting, viewing images etc. it costs something like €2.50 but it's money well spent. A lot of forums use it now.

Anyway, just a thought. Maybe you could even look into it and see if there's much involved?

Thanks.
Neal.
When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
nealmac
Regular

Re: Tapatalk

Postby Revit Zone » Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:36 pm

Hi Neal,

It an excellent idea. I'll look into it- I think it's probably just going to be a plugin for PHPBB. I'll have to see if it's a free plugin or paid- and how much, if so. But yes, a great idea that's worth pursuing. Would help me too, as I have an iPhone.

Cheers,
Ian
The Complete Beginner’s Guide to Autodesk Revit Architecture (FREE 84 part online video Course)
A complete 84 part written / video Course, aimed at Beginners. For the course itinerary and details of how to enrol, click the title link above.
Revit Zone
Site Admin

Postby nealmac » Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:10 pm

Cheers Ian.
When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
nealmac
Regular

Postby Revit Zone » Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:49 pm

nealmac wrote:Cheers Ian.

No probs :)

After reading your post, I went and grabbed the Tappatalk HD app for the iPad. Pretty impressed with it- great for following RevitForum.org.

Cheers,
Ian
The Complete Beginner’s Guide to Autodesk Revit Architecture (FREE 84 part online video Course)
A complete 84 part written / video Course, aimed at Beginners. For the course itinerary and details of how to enrol, click the title link above.
Revit Zone
Site Admin

Postby nealmac » Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:49 am

Any more on this Ian?
nealmac
Regular

Postby Revit Zone » Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:45 pm

Hi Neal! :)

I haven't forgot- just so much has been happening / still happening since Christmas.....

Wont bore you with the details- but baiscally I've now got a new job, in a new office- so I'm trying to get up to spped with all that! I've never been so busy in my life- hence the site has been a bit quiet with regards updates, etc. I'm hoping that within a few weeks I will have settled in a bit more and have a grip on everything that needs doing- and then it's full steam ahead. I'm still using the Tapatalk Client to view other forums- so I can definitely see the benefit.

I trust you're well?

Cheers,
Ian
Revit Zone
Site Admin

Postby nealmac » Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:59 pm

Yeah, I'm keeping well. Good to see that you're keeping busy with work :)

No rush on the Tapatalk thing. Just thought I'd remind you. I'm glad you see the benefit of it. Did you ever figure out if you have to pay for it?
nealmac
Regular

Postby Revit Zone » Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:37 pm

nealmac wrote:Yeah, I'm keeping well. Good to see that you're keeping busy with work :)

No rush on the Tapatalk thing. Just thought I'd remind you. I'm glad you see the benefit of it. Did you ever figure out if you have to pay for it?

I'm pretty sure it's free. You only pay if you want a "branded" tapatalk client. ie A "Revit Zone" forum client app.

Cheers for now,
Ian
Revit Zone
Site Admin

Return to Suggestions & Feedback