IES Sustainability VE-Toolkit

Please use this Forum for all topics relating to the use of Revit in the pursuit of sustainable, environmentally-aware designs

IES Sustainability VE-Toolkit

Postby Revit Zone » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:43 am

Has anyone used / got IES's Sustainability VE-Toolkit?

http://www.iesve.com/Software/VE-Toolkits

It looks really interesting. We're seriously thinking of purchasing this for the office.

Any feedback would be most appreciated.

Cheers,
Ian
The Complete Beginner’s Guide to Autodesk Revit Architecture (FREE 84 part online video Course)
A complete 84 part written / video Course, aimed at Beginners. For the course itinerary and details of how to enrol, click the title link above.
Revit Zone
Site Admin

Re: IES Sustainability VE-Toolkit

Postby James » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:48 am

me! :lol:

i have the Full VE-Pro on my PC at home, but tbh i havent had time to get stuck in with it yet (just installed and activated and not used...im so lazy)

if you want any clarification or test models running through it to see what comes out, let me know :)
Plowman Craven aim to be at the forefront of technology, especially within the BIM environment.
James
Regular

Postby Revit Zone » Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:03 am

Hi James,

Thanks for the reply.

We have taken a quick look at all the IES products- but some of the higher end ones are probably too powerful (and complicated for us)- we just need something that can give us some "broad-brush" outputs at the early design stage- and the Sustainability Toolkit looked to be pitched at just the right level.

On a side note: Do you know what the requirements are for submitting SBEM Part L Compliance reports to Building Regs??? I know the software has to be accredited, but does the PERSON producing them have to be ACCREDITED or just COMPETENT???

Cheers,
Ian
The Complete Beginner’s Guide to Autodesk Revit Architecture (FREE 84 part online video Course)
A complete 84 part written / video Course, aimed at Beginners. For the course itinerary and details of how to enrol, click the title link above.
Revit Zone
Site Admin

Postby James » Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:28 am

im 99% sure the person has to be accredited to issue for SBEM to building control.
Plowman Craven aim to be at the forefront of technology, especially within the BIM environment.
James
Regular

Postby Revit Zone » Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:34 am

James wrote:im 99% sure the person has to be accredited to issue for SBEM to building control.

That's what I suspected. I'm meeting with Building Control soo, so I'll ask for confirmation.

Cheers,
Ian
Revit Zone
Site Admin

Postby Saw » Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:40 am

Revit Zone wrote:Has anyone used / got IES's Sustainability VE-Toolkit?

http://www.iesve.com/Software/VE-Toolkits

It looks really interesting. We're seriously thinking of purchasing this for the office.

Any feedback would be most appreciated.

Cheers,
Ian

You could always download the 30 day free trial and see what you think?

Mike
Saw
Regular

Postby Jemma » Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:58 pm

The last office I was in used this. I think it was regarded pretty highly (I never used it myself, but I heard the guys raving about it)

Jemma
Jemma

Postby Revit Zone » Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:34 am

UPDATE:-

Well, a year on from first posting about this, we still haven't purchased the software yet :cry:

Management are great, aren't they???? :?

I'm still pushing them to make a purchase as I think it will be highly beneficial at the concept stage. The Conceptual Energy Analysis module in Revit Architecture is a bit too basic for our needs. I'll post an update and some intial thoughts once we get the software.

Cheers,
Ian
Revit Zone
Site Admin

Return to Revit & Sustainability