BIM in the UK

This Forum is for the discussion of BIM (Building Information Modelling) in general. Here you can discuss the theory, concept, implementaion of BIM, etc.

BIM in the UK

Postby SteveP » Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:02 pm

With the UK Government mandating the use of "Level 2" BIM by 2015, I'd be interested to know how other UK firms are preparing themselves? I went to a seminar on this a couple of weeks ago and it was apparent that most of the UK construction industry is far from ready for BIM :?
SteveP

Re: BIM in the UK

Postby Andreas14 » Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:24 am

SteveP wrote:With the UK Government mandating the use of "Level 2" BIM by 2015, I'd be interested to know how other UK firms are preparing themselves? I went to a seminar on this a couple of weeks ago and it was apparent that most of the UK construction industry is far from ready for BIM :?

In our office I would say we are up to Level 2 already. But we have been using Revit for about 6 years now.
Andreas14

Postby Sparky » Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:32 pm

Andreas14 wrote:
SteveP wrote:With the UK Government mandating the use of "Level 2" BIM by 2015, I'd be interested to know how other UK firms are preparing themselves? I went to a seminar on this a couple of weeks ago and it was apparent that most of the UK construction industry is far from ready for BIM :?

In our office I would say we are up to Level 2 already. But we have been using Revit for about 6 years now.

What is Level 2? Where I can I find the definitions for these?
Sparky

Postby SteveP » Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:00 pm

Sparky wrote:
Andreas14 wrote:

What is Level 2? Where I can I find the definitions for these?

Just do a google search for "UK BIM Strategy document" there's a downloadable PDF version containing all the details.
SteveP

Postby Revit Zone » Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:49 pm

For those that are interested, the "Constructing Excellence response to the Building Information Modelling (BIM) Working Party Strategy Paper (March 2011)" can be downloaded as a PDF, from here...

http://www.constructingexcellence.org.uk/news/article.jsp?id=11787

Cheers,
Ian
The Complete Beginner’s Guide to Autodesk Revit Architecture (FREE 84 part online video Course)
A complete 84 part written / video Course, aimed at Beginners. For the course itinerary and details of how to enrol, click the title link above.
Revit Zone
Site Admin

Return to BIM (Building Information Modelling): General