BIM Questionnaire

This Forum is for the discussion of BIM (Building Information Modelling) in general. Here you can discuss the theory, concept, implementaion of BIM, etc.

BIM Questionnaire

Postby Damien » Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:18 pm

Hello everyone,

I am a 4th year Quantity Surveying Student and I am currently conducting my dissertation on whether BIM can improve efficiency in the UK construction industry.

I am looking for professionals who have different levels of experience in using the BIM process to help complete a short questionnaire. I have posted a link to the questionnaire below, any participation is greatly appreciated.

Please follow the link: http://freeonlinesurveys.com/s.asp?sid= ... psyms20739

Regards

Damien
Last edited by Damien on Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Damien

Re: BIM Questionnaire

Postby Revit Zone » Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:06 pm

Hi Damien :)

Welcome to our community.

It's so good to see a variety of disciplines here- quantity surveying has a huge contribution to make to BIM.

Your dissertation sounds really interesting. I for one will be undertaking the survey you have set up. I would urge other professionals reading this post to help Damien out by completing the survey too.

I will also put a blog post on the home page of Revit Zone, with a link to the survey- this should get it a lot of exposure. As you specifically mention the UK construction industry, do you only want UK professionals to complete the survey?

It would be great if you could stick around and input into future debates on BIM, from a QS perspective?

Kind regards,
Ian
The Complete Beginner’s Guide to Autodesk Revit Architecture (FREE 84 part online video Course)
A complete 84 part written / video Course, aimed at Beginners. For the course itinerary and details of how to enrol, click the title link above.
Revit Zone
Site Admin

Postby Damien » Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:59 pm

Hi Ian,

Thanks very much for your reply! And yes, I am only looking for people from the UK construction industry to fill this out as the research is specifically geared towards this.

I will try to contribute where I can to the forums, however I have to date not yet been involved with working with BIM on projects but will be happy to provide input when I do. I have to say though from what i've seen so far, it seems to be the QS who is the most reluctant to get involved in BIM. Most that I have asked don't really have a clue what it is all about!

Thanks again

Damien
Damien

Postby Revit Zone » Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:01 am

Hi Damien,

I just went to complete the survey and when I clicked the link above (in your original post) I got the message "Invalid Link- please check and try again"??????

Do you want to check the link and edit the post accordingly? I don't want you to miss out on respondents due to a bad link.

Regards,
Ian
The Complete Beginner’s Guide to Autodesk Revit Architecture (FREE 84 part online video Course)
A complete 84 part written / video Course, aimed at Beginners. For the course itinerary and details of how to enrol, click the title link above.
Revit Zone
Site Admin

Postby Revit69 » Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:03 am

Yep, link not working for me neither :(
Revit69

Postby Damien » Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:20 am

Thanks for the heads up Ian, I have no idea what has happened to the link but i have re-launched it and it appears to be working

Hopefully should work now!

Thanks

Damien
Damien

Postby Revit69 » Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:30 pm

Link working for me now :)
Revit69

Postby Saw » Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:34 pm

Interesting little survey! I've just completed it now.

Good luck with the dissertation :)

Mike
Saw
Regular

Postby Damien » Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:11 pm

Cheers guys!
Damien

Postby Revit Zone » Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:27 am

Damien wrote:Cheers guys!

Damien,

Have you had many respondents generally, to the Survey?

Regards,
Ian
Revit Zone
Site Admin

Next

Return to BIM (Building Information Modelling): General