So how far along the path of BIM is the UK???

This Forum is for the discussion of BIM (Building Information Modelling) in general. Here you can discuss the theory, concept, implementaion of BIM, etc.

So how far along the path of BIM is the UK???

Postby Revit Zone » Tue May 15, 2012 8:59 pm

If youre in the construction industry in the UK, you'll almost be sick to death of hearing about BIM by now. It was the ultimate buzz word last year and I suspect it'll be even more prominent this year.

You will probably be aware (ie you need to be aware) that the UK Government is mandating the use of "Level 2" BIM on all public-funded projects by 2016.

Well, 2016 is not far away at all in the grand scheme of things. So how is the UK construction industry shaping up to the challenge.

If you are a designer, engineer, contractor, supply chain member, sub-contractor, etc; I would love to know where you are on the path? Are you all geared up for 2016? Do you know what BIM means to you and your company?

Let's get some serious debate going here. Hopefully we can share some knowledge, share some tips and collectively start to find a way forward for the UK. If you haven't got the first clue about BIM and what it actually means- that's fine too- let us help you get up to speed.

Regards,
Ian
The Complete Beginner’s Guide to Autodesk Revit Architecture (FREE 84 part online video Course)
A complete 84 part written / video Course, aimed at Beginners. For the course itinerary and details of how to enrol, click the title link above.
Revit Zone
Site Admin

Re: So how far along the path of BIM is the UK???

Postby Saw » Tue May 15, 2012 9:17 pm

Does anyone know "exactly" what Level 2 is? I've heard lots of debate on what you need to be doing to achieve Level 2. Once we can agree on what it means, then we can see if we are there or if we've got a chance by 2016.

BTW: Are you sure it's 2016? I'm sure I read somewhere that it was 2015?

Mike
Saw
Regular

Re: So how far along the path of BIM is the UK???

Postby IDN » Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:16 am

What do the Levels refer to?
IDN

Return to BIM (Building Information Modelling): General