exporting true north to industry foundation classes

This Forum is for the discussion of BIM (Building Information Modelling) in general. Here you can discuss the theory, concept, implementaion of BIM, etc.

exporting true north to industry foundation classes

Postby sasacemesova » Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:42 am

Hi,

I have opened a new blank project and exported it to Industry foundation classes (IFC), and the true north of the project is being given as (from IFCPROJECT->IFCGEOMETRICREPRESENTATIONCONTEXT):
#40= IFCDIRECTION((2.,6.12303176911189E-17,1.));

As far as I can work out the true north and project north are the same for a new project: if I draw a wall and view it in a plan view under true north and project north it stays the same. Does anyone know why this direction in not pointing straight to the y axis instead of some random direction?

Thanks in advance,
sasacemesova

Re: exporting true north to industry foundation classes

Postby Saw » Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:49 pm

As you say, with a new project- True North and Project North are bth aligned vertically- ie against the "Y" axis.

Not sure why you are getting an arbitrary angle when you export?

Mike

sasacemesova wrote:Hi,

I have opened a new blank project and exported it to Industry foundation classes (IFC), and the true north of the project is being given as (from IFCPROJECT->IFCGEOMETRICREPRESENTATIONCONTEXT):
#40= IFCDIRECTION((2.,6.12303176911189E-17,1.));

As far as I can work out the true north and project north are the same for a new project: if I draw a wall and view it in a plan view under true north and project north it stays the same. Does anyone know why this direction in not pointing straight to the y axis instead of some random direction?

Thanks in advance,
Saw
Regular

Return to BIM (Building Information Modelling): General