Missing space tags in RCP

This forum is for the general discussion of Revit Architecture

Missing space tags in RCP

Postby locked31 » Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:31 pm

Hello all,

I've got an RCP that will not show any space tags. I have checked and rechecked my Visibility/Graphics, and have rooms and spaces turned on for both my local file as well as our linked in architectural file. From what I've been able to find online so far, it looks like there is something weird with my view range that might be causing an issue.

When I go to place a space tag, the correct tag displays when I hover over a room. When I click to place the tag, I receive this error message: "None of the created elements are visible in Reflected Ceiling Plan. You may want to check the active view, its Parameters, and Visibility settings, as well as any Plan Regions and their settings."

I have also tried the Reveal Hidden Elements button, but that would not show my tags either.

Thanks in advance for any help you can send my way!

-locked31
locked31

Re: Missing space tags in RCP

Postby Saw » Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:22 pm

Hi,

Are the rooms and spaces actually visible in that view when you are "not" hovering over them?

Have you tried changing the View Range settings to "Unlimited", for "Primary:Top" and "View Depth"? Does this make any difference?

Mike
Saw
Regular

Postby locked31 » Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:41 pm

Just tried your suggestion. Changing to "Unlimited" didn't seem to work. All it did was show me objects from the floors above, and I still couldn't tag my spaces. It's strange because the spaces don't highlight when I mouse over them while not tagging, but the tags come up correct for each space.

Any other thoughts?

-Michael
locked31

Postby Saw » Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:06 pm

Have you tried changing the Cut Plane height within the view range settings? Is it that the view isn't cutting through the spaces???? How about changing the default height of the spaces- so they are physically taller.

Mike
Saw
Regular

Postby locked31 » Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:37 pm

Ended up finding a solution yesterday afternoon. After messing with the view range for a while, I tried just placing new spaces. I got an error telling me there were multiple spaces, but the tags showed up. It's not the perfect fix I wanted, but everything will look okay for printing. We think there are some initial setup issues with our central file, so we're going to keep an eye on that for future Revit projects.

Thanks a ton for your help!

-Michael
locked31

Postby Saw » Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:32 pm

Glad you found a work-around in the end :)

If you ever solve the underlying problem would you mind updating the thread? I don't sleep too well at night when Revit problems go unsolved! ;)

Kind regards
Mike
Saw
Regular

Postby lmevans79 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:39 pm

I know you've long since found a work around, but I had this same problem today, and I found that the answer was in the View Range Cut Plane. I had it set to 0'-0", and after changing it to 3'-0", it worked just fine.
lmevans79

Postby lgnd4u2nv » Tue Sep 08, 2015 1:12 pm

Sorry for bumping an old post, but I wanted to add a little more information here in case someone else runs into a similar issue. I was also having the problem where my spaces would show up in one view, but not another. As it turns out, spaces have a workset associated with them, so if that workset isn't visible in the view you are working it, you won't be able to tag spaces or click on the spaces. Best thing to do is to make sure you are on a workset that is visible in every view when placing the spaces. If you have already placed them, go to a view that you can see them, highlight everything, filter our everything that isn't a space, and change the workset.
lgnd4u2nv

Return to Revit Architecture: General questions