Revit Wishlist

This forum is for the general discussion of Revit Architecture

Revit Wishlist

Postby nealmac » Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:34 pm

I don't think we have one of these threads, have we?

Anyway, someone made a thread earlier today, and it got me thinking, there are soooo many things that Autodesk could do in future releases of Revit, that would make all our lives easier. Some would be relatively easy to fix/add while others would be a lot more complicated. Anyway, here's two simple ones for starters:

1: An automatic stop piece at the end of a gutter

2: The ability to have a railing hosted by a toposurface. It would be really handy for creating fences, as not all fences are level. Most usually follow the line of the terrain.

What else would people like to see introduced to future releases? Also, this might be a good place for people to post their workarounds to these limitations.

Ian, maybe you could pin this thread, and Autodesk might find it and consider some of the proposals :D
When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
nealmac
Regular

Re: Revit Wishlist

Postby Revit Zone » Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:10 pm

Great idea Neal,

This topic is now a "Sticky"- so it'll remain at the top of the topic list.

Keep those Revit Wishes coming!

Regards,
Ian
The Complete Beginner’s Guide to Autodesk Revit Architecture (FREE 84 part online video Course)
A complete 84 part written / video Course, aimed at Beginners. For the course itinerary and details of how to enrol, click the title link above.
Revit Zone
Site Admin

Postby SteveP » Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:10 pm

Hedges:-

I'd like to see a basic hedge element that hosts itself to toposurfaces. This would save me from having to fudge it with grass-coloured walls!
SteveP

Postby nealmac » Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:02 pm

Yep. That's another one I missed out on.
When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
nealmac
Regular

Postby RockDog » Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:05 am

I'd like to see the "spherical rendering" option brought back in.. I used this a lot in the earlier releases of Revit
RockDog

Postby nealmac » Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:41 pm

A future phase option. Seriously. I mean how hard can it be, Autodesk?
nealmac
Regular

Postby Revit Zone » Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:04 am

nealmac wrote:A future phase option. Seriously. I mean how hard can it be, Autodesk?

Hi Neal,

Can you explain what you mean by "future phase option"?

Cheers,
Ian
The Complete Beginner’s Guide to Autodesk Revit Architecture (FREE 84 part online video Course)
A complete 84 part written / video Course, aimed at Beginners. For the course itinerary and details of how to enrol, click the title link above.
Revit Zone
Site Admin

Postby nealmac » Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:49 am

Basically, I mean it exactly as it says. We can have "existing", "proposed" and "temporary". But there's no option for "future". I know there's a few workarounds for it, but I would have thought a fully functional future phase would be a good idea.
nealmac
Regular

Postby Revit Zone » Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:18 pm

nealmac wrote:Basically, I mean it exactly as it says. We can have "existing", "proposed" and "temporary". But there's no option for "future". I know there's a few workarounds for it, but I would have thought a fully functional future phase would be a good idea.

Sorry Neal, I'm still lost as to "no option for the future". You can have an infinite number of phases- in the past, or in the future. And obviously just one "present" phase to represent the hear and now.

But for a future phase, you just add in a new phase after the proposed phase- in the Phases control panel.

For example, we are currently undertaking a project for a new Sports Hall. We have an existing phase, a proposed phase and a Future phase. The future phase shows a "Phase 2" expansion of the proposed sports hall.

Regards,
Ian
Revit Zone
Site Admin

Postby nealmac » Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:16 pm

How do you go about creating a future phase?
nealmac
Regular

Next

Return to Revit Architecture: General questions