Revit Wishlist

This forum is for the general discussion of Revit Architecture

Re: Revit Wishlist

Postby Revit Zone » Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:39 pm

nealmac wrote:How do you go about creating a future phase?

Just go to "Phases" on the MANAGE tab.

Once you have the Phases dialogue box up, just choose "NEW" to add a Phase at the end (ie the bottom) of the list. Name it accordingly, ie "Future".

Job done.

I don't have access to Revit at the moment or I would post some screenshots. Just let me know if you need some and I can post on Monday.

Regards,
Ian
The Complete Beginner’s Guide to Autodesk Revit Architecture (FREE 84 part online video Course)
A complete 84 part written / video Course, aimed at Beginners. For the course itinerary and details of how to enrol, click the title link above.
Revit Zone
Site Admin

Postby nealmac » Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:28 pm

If you could Ian, that would be great. I mean, I know how to create a phase. But it's setting the properties I have a problem with.
When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
nealmac
Regular

Postby Revit Zone » Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:08 pm

nealmac wrote:If you could Ian, that would be great. I mean, I know how to create a phase. But it's setting the properties I have a problem with.

Will do Neal- no probs. Will be tomorrow now.

Cheers,
Ian
The Complete Beginner’s Guide to Autodesk Revit Architecture (FREE 84 part online video Course)
A complete 84 part written / video Course, aimed at Beginners. For the course itinerary and details of how to enrol, click the title link above.
Revit Zone
Site Admin

Postby Revit Zone » Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:10 am

Neal,

I'm just about to post some screenshots now. I'm going to start a new thread for this in the "Revit Architecture: General Questions" forum- to keep it clear of the Revit Wishlist items.

Cheers,
Ian
Revit Zone
Site Admin

Postby rdavies1973 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:00 am

I don't know why Revit doesn't have Dynamic Input ala AutoCAD (or does it?)

Would make offsetting etc sooo much easier.
rdavies1973

Postby john.warburton » Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:16 am

I'd like to see a "Join" command in the modify tools set. When modelling in place elements, for example, I often use an underlying DWG survey drawing and many lines don't quite connect and the connections are just off orthogonal. It is cumbersome indeed to add the line and have to go through snap overrides to force the new line to connect correctly. It would be so much easier to have a Join command and then click on the ends of the two lines to be joined.
john.warburton

Previous

Return to Revit Architecture: General questions