Retrieval of lost detail, possible??

This forum is for the general discussion of Revit Architecture

Retrieval of lost detail, possible??

Postby Sportster » Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:39 pm

I have accidentally deleted a detail, mostly detail lines & regions. I have it saved in a back up file. Is it possible or how can I retrieve it from there and bring it into the current drawing set??
Rome wasn't built in a day, cos it took so long to get rid of the old sh*&*^t before they could get on with the good stuff
Sportster

Re: Retrieval of lost detail, possible??

Postby Revit Zone » Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:18 am

Hi :)

Many apologies for the delay in replying- very unfortunately some big family issues during the lat quarter of last year- so not as much time as I would like on these forums.

Did you get this sorted? I would rename the backup file to something else. Open it up and save the details you need as a seperate views (distinct files in their own right) and then bring them into your current project file.

Regards,
Ian
The Complete Beginner’s Guide to Autodesk Revit Architecture (FREE 84 part online video Course)
A complete 84 part written / video Course, aimed at Beginners. For the course itinerary and details of how to enrol, click the title link above.
Revit Zone
Site Admin

Re: Retrieval of lost detail, possible??

Postby Sportster » Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:20 am

Not sure right at the moment, but I must have sorted it out one way or another. The main point was not retrieving the lost data but how to bring the detail (drawing) back into the project. I think I needed to know the actions required not the theory if you know what I mean.
Rome wasn't built in a day, cos it took so long to get rid of the old sh*&*^t before they could get on with the good stuff
Sportster

Return to Revit Architecture: General questions