How to split a ground floor slab?

This forum is for the general discussion of Revit Architecture

How to split a ground floor slab?

Postby mont » Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:58 am

Hi,

I'd like to split my generic ground floor slab into two parts so that I can have one part consist of one stratigraphy and another with a different one. I tried editing the boundary so that it appears separate but when I go to select one part, both slabs get selected and I can't seem to edit just one part. Suggestions? Thanks!
mont

Re: How to split a ground floor slab?

Postby Revit Zone » Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:22 pm

mont wrote:Hi,

I'd like to split my generic ground floor slab into two parts so that I can have one part consist of one stratigraphy and another with a different one. I tried editing the boundary so that it appears separate but when I go to select one part, both slabs get selected and I can't seem to edit just one part. Suggestions? Thanks!

Hi :)

Could you quite simply change the boundary so that your slab is half the size and then duplicate it? Now you have 2 slabs that you can then change properties for individually?

Regards,
Ian
The Complete Beginner’s Guide to Autodesk Revit Architecture (FREE 84 part online video Course)
A complete 84 part written / video Course, aimed at Beginners. For the course itinerary and details of how to enrol, click the title link above.
Revit Zone
Site Admin

Return to Revit Architecture: General questions