problems with ceiling

This forum is for the general discussion of Revit Architecture

problems with ceiling

Postby Lorcon » Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:44 pm

Hello,

I am a fairly new Revit user and am running into a potential problem. I have created a two story home with a floor and ceiling plan added to the second level, I found a wall that had been readjusted for some reason and tried to use the align tool but it gave me an error saying "can't make extrusion" when I expanded out the reason errors it said for 1 and 2 the problem had to do with my ceiling and also says my ceiling sketch is invalid in error 3. I deleted the elements it gave me errors on and the wall adjusted, I cannot see any difference in the ceiling plan so I wonder if that is going to create problems later? Sorry for being such a noob.
Lorcon

Re: problems with ceiling

Postby Revit Zone » Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:10 am

Lorcon wrote:Hello,

I am a fairly new Revit user and am running into a potential problem. I have created a two story home with a floor and ceiling plan added to the second level, I found a wall that had been readjusted for some reason and tried to use the align tool but it gave me an error saying "can't make extrusion" when I expanded out the reason errors it said for 1 and 2 the problem had to do with my ceiling and also says my ceiling sketch is invalid in error 3. I deleted the elements it gave me errors on and the wall adjusted, I cannot see any difference in the ceiling plan so I wonder if that is going to create problems later? Sorry for being such a noob.

HI there :)

Can you give us a little more info about the problem.....

How was was the wall readjusted? ie in height, it's position in plan, etc? Did this wall auto-adjust to the underside of your first floor slab?

In relation to walls, your use of the Align tool is really best suited to moving their position in plan. How were using the Align tool with the wall?

How did you create the Ceiling component? ie Automatically, or did you sketch out the perimeter?

Regards,
Ian
The Complete Beginner’s Guide to Autodesk Revit Architecture (FREE 84 part online video Course)
A complete 84 part written / video Course, aimed at Beginners. For the course itinerary and details of how to enrol, click the title link above.
Revit Zone
Site Admin

Re: problems with ceiling

Postby Lorcon » Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:46 pm

Hello Ian,

I did not adjust the height of the wall and I adjusted it in first floor plan view. Ceiling and floors had already been created for first and second floors. Not sure if the wall adjusted to the underside of the first floor slab, how do I check that? Ceiling component was created by adding a bottom layer to the second floor slab. Thank you for the quick response :D
Lorcon

Return to Revit Architecture: General questions