maximum number of parameters per component?

For all discussion of Component Familes (eg 3D familes, 2D detail familes, annotation families, etc) and also In-Place Families

maximum number of parameters per component?

Postby CADmonkey » Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:14 pm

Does anybody know the theoretical maximum number of parameters that a family can contain. Some our own custom ones have 30ish, but I just wondered what the limit was?
CADmonkey

Re: maximum number of parameters per component?

Postby Saw » Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:59 pm

CADmonkey wrote:Does anybody know the theoretical maximum number of parameters that a family can contain. Some our own custom ones have 30ish, but I just wondered what the limit was?

I've got some components with about 40ish parameters in and it isn't complaining yet ;)

Mike
Saw
Regular

Postby jhornadi » Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:46 am

What is the difference between a variable and a parameter? I know the difference between a constant value and a variable value. A constant takes a fixed value and doesn't change. A variable value may take multiple values. But I don't understand the difference between a variable and a parameter. I'm thinking that they are somehow related though...
jhornadi

Postby Saw » Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:06 pm

jhornadi wrote:What is the difference between a variable and a parameter? I know the difference between a constant value and a variable value. A constant takes a fixed value and doesn't change. A variable value may take multiple values. But I don't understand the difference between a variable and a parameter. I'm thinking that they are somehow related though...

A Parameter in Revit can hold either a constant value or one that varies.

(I think I have just made this sound more complicated than it is :oops: )

Mike
Saw
Regular

Return to Family creation & editing