Correct window/door reveals

For all discussion of Component Familes (eg 3D familes, 2D detail familes, annotation families, etc) and also In-Place Families

Correct window/door reveals

Postby James » Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:59 pm

This is my first blog post, so be kind.

I will be adding a youtube video within the next few days, once i am happy with the editing and making a door version.

http://revit-up-james.blogspot.com/2011 ... revit.html
Plowman Craven aim to be at the forefront of technology, especially within the BIM environment.
James
Regular

Re: Correct window/door reveals

Postby nealmac » Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:43 pm

Excellent stuff. Nicely explained. This had me puzzled for ages. I figureed it out a long time ago, but if you post more useful stuff like this, you have a follower for life :)
When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
nealmac
Regular

Re: Correct window/door reveals

Postby James » Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:03 am

thanks for the comments, yeah I worked it out from the days of AUGI but only decided to start blogging this week :D

my next addition will be for social housing and the HQI requirements for furniture layouts (furniture to the correct size and circulation space). I will be uploading a family package of all required.

After that i will tackle doors more and making the cavity closer a block return.
Plowman Craven aim to be at the forefront of technology, especially within the BIM environment.
James
Regular

Return to Family creation & editing