Showing the door leaf in the open / closed positions

For all discussion of Component Familes (eg 3D familes, 2D detail familes, annotation families, etc) and also In-Place Families

Showing the door leaf in the open / closed positions

Postby Shrop_Arch » Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:20 pm

Hi,

Is there a way to show door leafs in open and closed positions (obviuosly not at the same time)- I want to add a parameter which I can change to either "open" or "closed". This would give a bit of variety to my 3D model.

thanks
Shrop_Arch

Re: Showing the door leaf in the open / closed positions

Postby Olly » Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:18 am

Yes, you can do this. Just add a parameter of the "Yes / No" type and use this to control the visisbility of an "Open door leaf" and a "Closed door leaf". ie you will need to door leafs in the family- one in the Open position and one in the closed position and then toggle which one is visible at any one time.

Shrop_Arch wrote:Hi,

Is there a way to show door leafs in open and closed positions (obviuosly not at the same time)- I want to add a parameter which I can change to either "open" or "closed". This would give a bit of variety to my 3D model.

thanks
Olly

Re: Showing the door leaf in the open / closed positions

Postby Saw » Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:20 am

Or why not just use an "angular" parameter to control the angle of the door leaf geometry? You can then show the door at any angle you choose- not just open or closed.

Mike

Olly wrote:Yes, you can do this. Just add a parameter of the "Yes / No" type and use this to control the visisbility of an "Open door leaf" and a "Closed door leaf". ie you will need to door leafs in the family- one in the Open position and one in the closed position and then toggle which one is visible at any one time.

Shrop_Arch wrote:Hi,

thanks
Saw
Regular

Return to Family creation & editing