Creating a new boiler- do I need to do this in MEP family ed

For all discussion of Component Familes (eg 3D familes, 2D detail familes, annotation families, etc) and also In-Place Families

Creating a new boiler- do I need to do this in MEP family ed

Postby CADmonkey » Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:50 am

I need to create a bespoke boiler unit for insertion into an MEP model. My question is: Can I use the Family Editor in Revit Architecture to create the family or do I need to use MEP's Family Editor? Are families created in each Editor, interchangeable in the other programme? (if that makes sense? :? )

I would rather use Revit Architecture if possible, as using MEP would mean working on someone else's machine.

thanks for any help
CADmonkey

Re: Creating a new boiler- do I need to do this in MEP family ed

Postby Olly » Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:16 am

You can do it all within Revit Architecture's Family Editor. Just make sure you add the correct "Connectors" to the family. This will enable the MEP engineers to add pipework and wiring to it.

CADmonkey wrote:I need to create a bespoke boiler unit for insertion into an MEP model. My question is: Can I use the Family Editor in Revit Architecture to create the family or do I need to use MEP's Family Editor? Are families created in each Editor, interchangeable in the other programme? (if that makes sense? :? )

I would rather use Revit Architecture if possible, as using MEP would mean working on someone else's machine.

thanks for any help
Olly

Return to Family creation & editing