Creating your own RPC family

For all discussion of Component Familes (eg 3D familes, 2D detail familes, annotation families, etc) and also In-Place Families

Creating your own RPC family

Postby JustinT2 » Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:46 pm

Is it possible to create your own RPC family. What I want to do is create some simple geometry that will appear in the model- but have that superimoised with a jpeg image, when a scene is rendered- just the way the trees and people work in Revit, when you render them?

thanks
JustinT2

Re: Creating your own RPC family

Postby nealmac » Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:27 pm

You mean like a decal? If you click on the "insert" tab, you can link in an image from your hard drive. It will appear as a rectangle in a regular 3d view, but when you render it, the image appears.
When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
nealmac
Regular

Postby JustinT2 » Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:45 pm

nealmac wrote:You mean like a decal? If you click on the "insert" tab, you can link in an image from your hard drive. It will appear as a rectangle in a regular 3d view, but when you render it, the image appears.

A decal may be a work-around, but its not ideal. You know when you put a revit "rpc person" into a model, you can actually rortate that element in the model and depending on how you have oriented it, the rendered image is different. ie you can turn the person to the side and when rendered, the photo-realistic person is actually side on.
JustinT2

Postby Olly » Sat Oct 08, 2011 4:45 pm

JustinT2 wrote:
nealmac wrote:You mean like a decal? If you click on the "insert" tab, you can link in an image from your hard drive. It will appear as a rectangle in a regular 3d view, but when you render it, the image appears.

A decal may be a work-around, but its not ideal. You know when you put a revit "rpc person" into a model, you can actually rortate that element in the model and depending on how you have oriented it, the rendered image is different. ie you can turn the person to the side and when rendered, the photo-realistic person is actually side on.

Surely you WILL get the same effect with a decal? It will rotate with the object it is placed upon.
Olly

Return to Family creation & editing