How do we lock the end of an object to a reference plain?

For all discussion of Component Familes (eg 3D familes, 2D detail familes, annotation families, etc) and also In-Place Families

How do we lock the end of an object to a reference plain?

Postby Tom Mc » Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:32 pm

I'm trying to model a component family (king post timber truss). I have placed some reference plains to create parameters, and flexed the parameters. They move as expected. Then I've modelled a solid extrusion to form a piece of timber (the bottom chord). It has shape handles, and I used the shape handles to pull the ends of the timber to connect with the appropriate reference plains. However, when I flex the model, the piece of timber does not move and follow the reference plains. My understanding is that I need to lock the ends of the timber extrusion to the reference plains, but I cannot find a way to do this. Any guidance much appreciated.
Tom Mc

Re: How do we lock the end of an object to a reference plain?

Postby Revit Zone » Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:28 pm

When you snapped the shape handles to the reference planes- did you see the padlock symbol appear?

Kind regards,
Ian
The Complete Beginner’s Guide to Autodesk Revit Architecture (FREE 84 part online video Course)
A complete 84 part written / video Course, aimed at Beginners. For the course itinerary and details of how to enrol, click the title link above.
Revit Zone
Site Admin

Return to Family creation & editing