Family array behaivour

For all discussion of Component Familes (eg 3D familes, 2D detail familes, annotation families, etc) and also In-Place Families

Family array behaivour

Postby Julio89 » Sat Oct 24, 2015 9:04 pm

Hi, I'm new here.
I've been using revit about a year, I have a basic understanding, but there are still things I do not understand how they work and I despair. Now I'm doing a family for a simple fence, I want to make curtain wall panels for that I'm designing the panel. First I created a simple generic model family with the parameters of width, depth and height (as an instance parameter), so far so good. Then I created a new family of curtain panel wall and load the generic model previously created, align the edges in plan view and the height in elevation with the RP which defines the panel, once done this do the test and perfect, but when I generic array to the last and align the edges from the end of the array, when I move the RP the array is unbalanced and the heights of the models are fixed and the height borders unlock. See attached images.
Here is my doubt, Someone knows why this happen?, how works the array behavior?, I know it can be easily done by a height nested parameter. What bothers me is no understand why, but I know how to do it.
I will be very grateful is someone helps me to understand this, I was looking in several forums and they explain how to do it but no why is like that.
Sorry for my english
Attachments
Curtain wall panel family array 600px.png
Example curtain wall panel family array
Curtain wall panel family array 600px.png (78.34 KiB) Viewed 281 times
Curtain wall panel family single 600px.png
Example curtain wall panel family
Curtain wall panel family single 600px.png (97.48 KiB) Viewed 281 times
Julio89

Return to Family creation & editing