Display grids

Use this forum for all discussions relating to presentation techniques, graphic styles, walk-throughs, etc

Display grids

Postby Virtuality » Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:43 am

Can anyone please tell me what the display grids are used for within Revit Architecture? (i dont mean the normal grids you use for setting out you columns and beams)

thanks
Virtuality

Re: Display grids

Postby nealmac » Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:33 pm

Not sure what you mean by "display grids"?
When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
nealmac
Regular

Postby Virtuality » Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:40 pm

nealmac wrote:Not sure what you mean by "display grids"?

Sorry, I meant "Guide Grids". The tool for it is on the View menu.

thanks
Virtuality

Postby nealmac » Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:18 pm

I don't have that option in my "view" menu. I'm using Revit Architecture 2012. Are you using a different version? Maybe Revit Structure?
When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
nealmac
Regular

Postby Olly » Sat Oct 08, 2011 4:40 pm

I think Guide Grids have been in Revit Architecuture since the 2010 release. They are basically a way of organising your views and elements in a consistent manner across a number of sheets. Think of them simply is a grid overlay, on top of your sheets, so you can line up views, text, etc.

Unless you are really pedantic that your legends are in EXACTLY the same place on each sheet, etc, etc; they're not much use.
Olly

Return to Presentation & Graphics