Changing default text

Use this forum for all discussions relating to presentation techniques, graphic styles, walk-throughs, etc

Changing default text

Postby paul gerhard » Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:27 am

Hi,

I am attempting to change the default text (Arial) to another. I have been able to change most text within the bounds of a particular project (it is tedious, every instance seems to need to be changed), but i want to be able to change the template default so that the change occurs in every aspect of any text that is used in the entire project, all the tags, dimensions, title blocks etc etc. I have looked everywhere. I would have thought the Options area would be the go....
Kind regards

Paul
paul gerhard

Re: Changing default text

Postby Saw » Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:14 pm

Not sure if it helps, but I found this.............

http://revitbeginners.blogspot.co.uk/2006/01/changing-fonts.html

It's from 2006 but probably still of some relevance.

Regards,
Mike

paul gerhard wrote:Hi,

I am attempting to change the default text (Arial) to another. I have been able to change most text within the bounds of a particular project (it is tedious, every instance seems to need to be changed), but i want to be able to change the template default so that the change occurs in every aspect of any text that is used in the entire project, all the tags, dimensions, title blocks etc etc. I have looked everywhere. I would have thought the Options area would be the go....
Kind regards

Paul
Saw
Regular

Re: Changing default text

Postby SteveP » Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:18 pm

I think you're going to end up just having to edit all the Types in the template and change the font setting. I'm not aware of (or have ever found) a global setting to control the default font.

May be tedious but at least you only have to ever do it once. :P

Steve
SteveP

Return to Presentation & Graphics