Display Reduced Levels

Use this forum for all discussions relating to presentation techniques, graphic styles, walk-throughs, etc

Re: Display Reduced Levels

Postby nealmac » Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:11 pm

Ah, right. Well they're a whole different kettle of fish. Basically, you need to edit the family for that. Click on the level (in an elevation view, obviously) and check out it's type properties. Under the "graphics" heading, find "symbol" and make a mental note of the family name (it's "Level Head - Circle" on my project, as I use the default level head family). Now close out of the type properties. In the project browser, go to the families category and under "Annotation Symbols" find the level family in question and right-click it (don't go into the sub-categoy, just right click on the first heading). Click "Edit" from the sub-menu, to bring you into the family editor. Once in the family editor, click on the "elevation" label, and then click on "Edit Label" from the ribbon. In the "Category Parameters" section, highlight "Elevation". Now click on on row 1 in the "Label Parameters" section. There will be a button below (image of a "#" symbol and a hand) to allow you to change the unit formatting. Click it. In the "Format" dialogue that opens, uncheck "Use project settings" and set the units as desired. Click "OK" in both boxes.

All you need to do is save your family in a convenient location (if you edited a default family, you won't be able to overwrite it, so save it somewhere logical, like wherever you have your own custom families) and click on "Load into Project" from the ribbon. Make sure you click on "Overwrite the existing version and its parameter values".

Job's a good un :)
When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
nealmac
Regular

Postby DADALII » Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:30 am

Great post! Helped me a lot before a deadline :)
DADALII

Postby Revit Zone » Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:40 am

DADALII wrote:Great post! Helped me a lot before a deadline :)

You're VERY welcome. Thanks for the Feedback

Regards,
Ian
The Complete Beginner’s Guide to Autodesk Revit Architecture (FREE 84 part online video Course)
A complete 84 part written / video Course, aimed at Beginners. For the course itinerary and details of how to enrol, click the title link above.
Revit Zone
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Presentation & Graphics