I'm new too

Whether you are new to Revit or an Old Hand, this is the place to introduce yourself and say Hi to fellow members.

I'm new too

Postby Sporty » Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:49 am

Hi folks
I'm in Oz, origionally from over there, spring is here now nice balmy 30degC plus days, I'm fed up of those 15degC winter days blah, blah, blah,
New to Revit, I'm an old ACA user, hope to learn from you folks & thanks in advance for all your help & thanks for being here.
Cheers Dermot
www.dmbd.net
Cheers Sporty
www.dmbd.net
Sporty

Re: I'm new too

Postby Revit Zone » Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:44 am

Hi Dermot :)

A VERY warm welcome to our small, friendly community! (and MANY thanks for your email- I'll reply to that personally).

I did do a small stint with ACA many years ago- never really got to grips with it- but I think it was really in it's infancy then. It's probably come on a long way now.

Anyway- So glad you're making the "Revit Journey". PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE ask as many questions as you need to- we're here to help everyone, especially those new to Revit.

Revit can have a VERY steep learning curve- so (like most things in life!) it's much more efficient to learn from others mistakes :)

All the best,
Cheers,
Ian
The Complete Beginner’s Guide to Autodesk Revit Architecture (FREE 84 part online video Course)
A complete 84 part written / video Course, aimed at Beginners. For the course itinerary and details of how to enrol, click the title link above.
Revit Zone
Site Admin

Postby Saw » Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:54 am

Hello :)

We are ready and waiting for your Revit questions!

Regards,
Mike
Saw
Regular

Postby Revit Zone » Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:17 am

Dermot,

Just to let you know that I tried replying to your email and Google Mail gave me an instant send error (ie it couldn't deliver it). So I've copy and pasted my email reply into a Private Message that you can pick up here on the forum.

Cheers,
Ian
The Complete Beginner’s Guide to Autodesk Revit Architecture (FREE 84 part online video Course)
A complete 84 part written / video Course, aimed at Beginners. For the course itinerary and details of how to enrol, click the title link above.
Revit Zone
Site Admin

Postby Sportster » Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:35 am

Ah well I hope this gets back to you.
I had just started to play with Revit back then 2010, went back to ACA to get some work out of the way but I have done a few projects since and am a now a Revit user, and its good. I have re-registered as Sportster so I hope it works out ok.
Rome wasn't built in a day, cos it took so long to get rid of the old sh*&*^t before they could get on with the good stuff
Sportster

Return to The Social Area