So how long has everybody been using Revit???

Whether you are new to Revit or an Old Hand, this is the place to introduce yourself and say Hi to fellow members.

Re: So how long has everybody been using Revit???

Postby Revit Zone » Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:48 pm

Neal,

I have enabled "Approval for 1st post". That way, I get to see (and approve or not) all 1st posts and can easily delete the spam. Everyone else can get on and enjoy the forums (hopefully) spam-free. :D

Cheers,
Ian

nealmac wrote:I posted before I realised there was a "report" button.

Anyway, yeah, I don't know why they do it. Yes, they're automated spambots but still, I can never understand why people go to the effort of setting them up. It would be much better as Ian says to set up a nice website and get Google to advertise it. At least that way, people might think that it's legit. When I see these posts on forums the words "spyware" and "virus" always spring to mind.
The Complete Beginner’s Guide to Autodesk Revit Architecture (FREE 84 part online video Course)
A complete 84 part written / video Course, aimed at Beginners. For the course itinerary and details of how to enrol, click the title link above.
Revit Zone
Site Admin

Postby nealmac » Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:58 pm

Good idea.

The only thing is, a first post that needs approval might put a lot of new people off registering. I still think it's a good idea, but there are always flip sides to every idea, and just thought I should point it out.
When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
nealmac
Regular

Postby Revit Zone » Tue Nov 01, 2011 3:37 pm

You may well be right. But if people genuinely want to get involved in the discussion here, it think it's a very small price to pay. And they will then get the benefit of a spam-free forum.

Cheers,
Ian

nealmac wrote:Good idea.

The only thing is, a first post that needs approval might put a lot of new people off registering. I still think it's a good idea, but there are always flip sides to every idea, and just thought I should point it out.
The Complete Beginner’s Guide to Autodesk Revit Architecture (FREE 84 part online video Course)
A complete 84 part written / video Course, aimed at Beginners. For the course itinerary and details of how to enrol, click the title link above.
Revit Zone
Site Admin

Postby mongo » Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:26 pm

One month and tryings to understand the concepts (Copy/monitor: when to use etc...).
mongo

Postby Lins01 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:26 pm

Sinds 2006
Lins01

Postby Revit Zone » Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:46 pm

Lins01 wrote:Sinds 2006

Hi Lins01,

Welcome to the Forum :)

Kind regards,
Ian
Revit Zone
Site Admin

Postby Conman » Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:53 pm

We've had it at the college for (blimey!) 6 years now and it has been part of our construction syllabus for the past 5 years. and i'm still in the WTF!! zone too. But with the aid of forums like this and recently unblocked youtube at the college I am beginning to find my feet...haven't been caught out by too many students...yet.
Am now trying other part of the suite out now - would like to get more into structure and MEP . Inventor is pretty cool too. Avoiding 3DS for the moment...way too scary.
Conman

Postby Revit Zone » Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:00 pm

Conman wrote:We've had it at the college for (blimey!) 6 years now and it has been part of our construction syllabus for the past 5 years. and i'm still in the WTF!! zone too. But with the aid of forums like this and recently unblocked youtube at the college I am beginning to find my feet...haven't been caught out by too many students...yet.
Am now trying other part of the suite out now - would like to get more into structure and MEP . Inventor is pretty cool too. Avoiding 3DS for the moment...way too scary.

3DS, yay!!!! go for it!!!! What a bit of kit :?

But I know what you mean, you've got to be a brave man to not be put off by that interface :roll:

Regards,
Ian
Revit Zone
Site Admin

Postby nikdevlin » Fri May 15, 2015 2:01 pm

Three weeks, and really liking it. Previously AutoCAD (not since 2004 though), Vectorworks, and most recently Microstation ADB SS5
nikdevlin

Postby Revit Zone » Fri May 22, 2015 8:52 am

nikdevlin wrote:Three weeks, and really liking it. Previously AutoCAD (not since 2004 though), Vectorworks, and most recently Microstation ADB SS5

Glad to hear you're liking it after 3 weeks- just wait until it's been 3 years!

Kind regards,
Ian
Revit Zone
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to The Social Area