So how long has everybody been using Revit???

Whether you are new to Revit or an Old Hand, this is the place to introduce yourself and say Hi to fellow members.

Re: So how long has everybody been using Revit???

Postby ddpcad » Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:29 pm

3 months of agonizing uphill battle to the WTF zone. Hopefully 4 days of class training next week will get me out of the "just starting" phase
ddpcad

Postby architect » Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:36 pm

All plan seems to be a Ok program. As it's been around for many years It's solved many problems. Good in schedules. Stucco is used alot in Turkish building Industry, and belive or not most firms chooses Allplan over Revit for just it's a major problem to create stucco in Revit. I've not seen any complex modeling done with it. (Yet it doesn't mean it can't be done)

I hated the feeling of the interface. It has a tool for everything. You feel restricted. It has alot of modules. Saves the project as multi files. It's like a simplified AutoCad Architecture.
architect

Postby Revit Zone » Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:06 pm

ddpcad wrote:3 months of agonizing uphill battle to the WTF zone. Hopefully 4 days of class training next week will get me out of the "just starting" phase

Hi and Welcome :D

Would love to hear more about the "agonizing uphill battle to the WTF zone"! Is there any particular aspect that you are having trouble with? If after the 4 days of class training, you need any help with "WTF Moments" :oops: , please just ask.

Cheers,
Ian
The Complete Beginner’s Guide to Autodesk Revit Architecture (FREE 84 part online video Course)
A complete 84 part written / video Course, aimed at Beginners. For the course itinerary and details of how to enrol, click the title link above.
Revit Zone
Site Admin

Postby Revit Zone » Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:15 pm

architect wrote:All plan seems to be a Ok program. As it's been around for many years It's solved many problems. Good in schedules. Stucco is used alot in Turkish building Industry, and belive or not most firms chooses Allplan over Revit for just it's a major problem to create stucco in Revit. I've not seen any complex modeling done with it. (Yet it doesn't mean it can't be done)

I hated the feeling of the interface. It has a tool for everything. You feel restricted. It has alot of modules. Saves the project as multi files. It's like a simplified AutoCad Architecture.

I assume when you say "problems creating stucco", you have some pretty complex forms that you need to create. Do you have any images / photos of these that you could post here- just so we can see the type of things that need modelling. I think it's a great topic for debate- how well Revit responds to differing cultures / artchitecture around the world.

Cheers,
Ian
The Complete Beginner’s Guide to Autodesk Revit Architecture (FREE 84 part online video Course)
A complete 84 part written / video Course, aimed at Beginners. For the course itinerary and details of how to enrol, click the title link above.
Revit Zone
Site Admin

Postby mpwess » Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:42 pm

7 years and counting. I have been using cadd in one form or the other since 1983. I wonder if I am the oldest living Revit user: I will be 63 on Oct. 19 (tomorrow). :?:
mpwess

Postby Revit Zone » Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:07 am

mpwess wrote:7 years and counting. I have been using cadd in one form or the other since 1983. I wonder if I am the oldest living Revit user: I will be 63 on Oct. 19 (tomorrow). :?:

Hi there! :)

A VERY warm welcome to our community. Not sure if you are the oldest Revt user- but you're probably one of those who has been using Revit the longest, at 7 years! That's fantastic! What made you switch to Revit all those years ago?

Can you give us a quick run-down of the various CAD systems you have used over the years? And which was your favourite? (which may not be Revit????)

Cheers,
Ian
Revit Zone
Site Admin

Postby nealmac » Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:55 am

Spammer^^^
When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
nealmac
Regular

Postby Revit Zone » Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:59 am

nealmac wrote:Spammer^^^

Cheers Neal. He's been vapourised already :lol:

I really cannot understand why they do it. It they put a quarter of the effort into producing a website to market their tat- rather than signing up to totally unrelated forums and hoping someone will see their links and follow them??????
Revit Zone
Site Admin

Postby Saw » Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:21 am

Normally they are automated spambots which sign up. Good luck in stopping them :?

Mike

Revit Zone wrote:
nealmac wrote:Spammer^^^

Cheers Neal. He's been vapourised already :lol:

I really cannot understand why they do it. It they put a quarter of the effort into producing a website to market their tat- rather than signing up to totally unrelated forums and hoping someone will see their links and follow them??????
Saw
Regular

Postby nealmac » Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:19 pm

I posted before I realised there was a "report" button.

Anyway, yeah, I don't know why they do it. Yes, they're automated spambots but still, I can never understand why people go to the effort of setting them up. It would be much better as Ian says to set up a nice website and get Google to advertise it. At least that way, people might think that it's legit. When I see these posts on forums the words "spyware" and "virus" always spring to mind.
When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
nealmac
Regular

PreviousNext

Return to The Social Area