Green Building Studio

The non-Revit Forum! eg Hobbies, sport, tech, news, music, cars, websites, etc

Green Building Studio

Postby IDN » Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:34 am

Has anyone had much experience with Autodesk's Green Building Studio?

I understand that it is free it you are an Autodesk Subscriber?

'Just owndered how good it was and what it did- I think it's a web-based service only?

thanks
IDN
IDN

Re: Green Building Studio

Postby Saw » Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:57 am

I think you'll find that the basic energy analysis that is done via GBS will be available to all on the next iteration of Revit (ie RAC 2012)

Mike
Saw
Regular

Postby sanoop » Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:03 am

Hai,

Im quite new to revit.... can someone help me for the below mentioned doubts....

1. How can i make a new material with new thermal properties (U-Value).
2. I run the analysis after setting up the building properties (ie the building envelop) in which each envelop (exterior wall, windows) is assigned with a particular material with specified U-value. But if im using two different windows, which are supposed to have different U Values, hoe does the sofware take this into account.
3. When i run the conceptual energy modeling, I get the same result for diff Building envelop. Im trying to make an Energy model, can somebdy guide me for producing an effective Energy modeling in conceptual stage.
4 . Can revit produce a decent Energy model in which i can incorporate diff systems to get different energry consumption report (systems like VAV, Radiant Cooled Slabs, Chilled Beams).
5. I do i retrieve reports from Green building studio

I would greatly appreciate if someone could guide me on the aforementioned..... Thanks
sanoop

Postby jmsrch9 » Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:35 am

I live in New York and I am starting a green building project. Does anyone know of organizations willing to donate, sponsor or fund projects of this type?

green building
jmsrch9

Postby Revit Zone » Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:26 am

jmsrch9 wrote:I live in New York and I am starting a green building project. Does anyone know of organizations willing to donate, sponsor or fund projects of this type?

green building

Not sure if this is the best forum for this type of question?

Giving you benefit of the doubt that this isnt just spam for the footer link?

Cheers,
Ian
The Complete Beginner’s Guide to Autodesk Revit Architecture (FREE 84 part online video Course)
A complete 84 part written / video Course, aimed at Beginners. For the course itinerary and details of how to enrol, click the title link above.
Revit Zone
Site Admin

Postby Saw » Mon Sep 05, 2011 2:34 pm

I say spam
Saw
Regular

Return to Other Topics