AutoCAD

The non-Revit Forum! eg Hobbies, sport, tech, news, music, cars, websites, etc

AutoCAD

Postby makulina » Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:30 am

Why are some dimensions in AutoCAD showing as incorrect? Hi, im just trying to add dimensions to a floor plan ive created in AutoCAD in paperspace and for some reason, some of the dimensions are incorrect while others are. For example. i have a room opening which is 2530mm, and when i go to do the dimensions in paperspace, it says the distance is 12? Does anyone know why this is? And how can i fix it? Thanks!
Last edited by makulina on Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
makulina

Re: AutoCAD

Postby nealmac » Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:39 am

You need to dimension your drawing in model space, not paper space. Paper space represents the extents of your drawing sheet, (A1, A2 etc) while model space represent "real-world" extents.

Anyhow, this is a forum for discussing Revit, not AutoCAD ;)
When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
nealmac
Regular

Re: AutoCAD

Postby Revit Zone » Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:05 pm

Hi Makulina and welcome :)

You are VERY welcome here- but as your question does not directly relate to Revit, I must move it to the "Other Topics" forum.

Kind regards,
Ian
The Complete Beginner’s Guide to Autodesk Revit Architecture (FREE 84 part online video Course)
A complete 84 part written / video Course, aimed at Beginners. For the course itinerary and details of how to enrol, click the title link above.
Revit Zone
Site Admin

Return to Other Topics