iPhone 4S anyone????

The non-Revit Forum! eg Hobbies, sport, tech, news, music, cars, websites, etc

iPhone 4S anyone????

Postby Revit Zone » Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:47 pm

Anybody planning on getting the new iPhone 4S tomorrow?

Perosnally, I'm sticking with the 3GS for the time being. However, the 4S looks a great bit of kit. I could certainly make use of the 8MP camera with its 1080P video recording. The Siri voiuce control feature looks very interesting- looking forward to reading some review of how it works out in practice.

If you get a 4S, please let me have your initial impressions :)

Cheers,
Ian
The Complete Beginner’s Guide to Autodesk Revit Architecture (FREE 84 part online video Course)
A complete 84 part written / video Course, aimed at Beginners. For the course itinerary and details of how to enrol, click the title link above.
Revit Zone
Site Admin

Re: iPhone 4S anyone????

Postby Saw » Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:59 pm

Anything's better than a Blackberry at the moment :(
Saw
Regular

Postby nealmac » Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:02 pm

Think I'll just stick with my regular 4. I don't even think I'll bother with the 5 when it comes out, as the changes are fairly minimal as far as I can see.
When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
nealmac
Regular

Postby Revit Zone » Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:06 pm

nealmac wrote:Think I'll just stick with my regular 4. I don't even think I'll bother with the 5 when it comes out, as the changes are fairly minimal as far as I can see.

I dont blame you at all- the 4 is an absolute classic phone. I love the styling of it- it doesn't bother me at all that they didn't change the case design for this release. If it ain't broke, don't fix it and all that.....

Are you going to upgrade to iOS5 or just leaving it running on version 4?

Cheers,
Ian
The Complete Beginner’s Guide to Autodesk Revit Architecture (FREE 84 part online video Course)
A complete 84 part written / video Course, aimed at Beginners. For the course itinerary and details of how to enrol, click the title link above.
Revit Zone
Site Admin

Postby nealmac » Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:31 am

Funny you mention it. I'm actually installing OS5 as I type this. I only connect the phone once a week or so, and I just happened to see that OS5 was finally released. I've heard lots of good things about this one. I'm really looking forward to being able to sync my phone wirelessly.
When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
nealmac
Regular

Postby Revit Zone » Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:11 am

Mate got his 4S this morning and brought it into work so I could have a play ;)

It's a nice bit of kit. The absolute killer feature for me was the dictation into notes- ie open the notes app, tap the microphone button and just start dictating your letter. As soon as you hit "Done" the whole text is inserted instantly into the note. This would make producing letters and memos a total doddle. Could do them on the way to wrok in the car and also email them to the PA for tidying up (can also email by voice control also).

Camera and video recording were nice on it too.

But alas, at the moment I dont have that kind of cash to splash about :(

Cheers,
Ian
Revit Zone
Site Admin

Postby nealmac » Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:20 pm

Last night, I left you with the fact that I was updating to iOS 5. Guess what? I'm still updating it :(
nealmac
Regular

Postby Revit Zone » Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:52 pm

nealmac wrote:Last night, I left you with the fact that I was updating to iOS 5. Guess what? I'm still updating it :(

You're going to have to upgrade that 56K dial-up, you know? :lol:

iOS5 looks really great- LOADS of good features that could make use of. I may do my ipad this weekend. But I think I'm leaving the iphone on 4.2.1 as it is jailbroken and is set up with loads of tweaks and enhancements from Cydia. Not sure if I could do without them right now- makes the phone much more productive.

Cheers,
Ian
Revit Zone
Site Admin

Postby nealmac » Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:43 pm

Downloading was the easy part. It was the installation and the restoration that gave me trouble. I got it sorted in the end. Looks nice. I'll have a play about with it later.
nealmac
Regular

Postby Revit Zone » Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:03 pm

nealmac wrote:I'll have a play about with it later.

Nice one. Let us know what you think. The Notification Centre looks like a definite improvement.

Cheers,
Ian
Revit Zone
Site Admin

Return to Other Topics