iPhone 5 anyone?????

The non-Revit Forum! eg Hobbies, sport, tech, news, music, cars, websites, etc

iPhone 5 anyone?????

Postby Saw » Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:09 pm

Anyone got themselves an iPhone 5 today?

I went to look at them at lunchtime. VERY nice in my opinion. But lack of funds means I'm holding off for now :mrgreen:

Mike
Saw
Regular

Re: iPhone 5 anyone?????

Postby RockDog » Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:20 pm

Galaxy Note 2 all the way :)
RockDog

Postby nealmac » Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:32 pm

Nah. At least not yet. my current 4 is a company phone, so I might have to "accidentally" drop it on a pavement. Better leave it a few months though. Don't want it to look suspicious.

One thing that annoys me, is that the socket for plugging in the charger is different. So it won't work with my docking station.
When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
nealmac
Regular

Postby Revit Zone » Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:37 pm

nealmac wrote:Nah. At least not yet. my current 4 is a company phone, so I might have to "accidentally" drop it on a pavement. Better leave it a few months though. Don't want it to look suspicious.

One thing that annoys me, is that the socket for plugging in the charger is different. So it won't work with my docking station.

I understand that Apple will sell you a nice little plastic adapter for a very modest £25 :mrgreen:

Cheers,
Ian

I do REALLY like the look of the Galaxy Note 2, but I'm too far entrenched in the Apple Eco System- ie all the apps I have bought, I've got an iPad- I use iCloud to sync contacts, bookmarks, etc; between the two. In Apple's own words, "it just works"- which it does, to be fair!
The Complete Beginner’s Guide to Autodesk Revit Architecture (FREE 84 part online video Course)
A complete 84 part written / video Course, aimed at Beginners. For the course itinerary and details of how to enrol, click the title link above.
Revit Zone
Site Admin

Postby nealmac » Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:38 pm

Oh yeah. Of course they will. They'd never throw it in for free for people who are upgrading. I really hate Apple. I hate iTunes. And I bloody hate the fact that Apple products are compatible with practically nothing else. Unfortunately they make good stuff, so I'll stick with them for now.
When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
nealmac
Regular

Postby Revit Zone » Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:49 pm

nealmac wrote:Oh yeah. Of course they will. They'd never throw it in for free for people who are upgrading. I really hate Apple. I hate iTunes. And I bloody hate the fact that Apple products are compatible with practically nothing else. Unfortunately they make good stuff, so I'll stick with them for now.

My sentiments exactly! :D

I am really hacked off with myself for upgrading to iOS6 on my iPad- I would never have bothered in a million years if I had realised I was going to lose Google Street View. And NO, that useful excuse for a 3D video game - ie Apple's 3D fly-over is no compensation! :cry:

Cheers,
Ian
The Complete Beginner’s Guide to Autodesk Revit Architecture (FREE 84 part online video Course)
A complete 84 part written / video Course, aimed at Beginners. For the course itinerary and details of how to enrol, click the title link above.
Revit Zone
Site Admin

Postby Saw » Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:56 pm

Revit Zone wrote:
nealmac wrote:Oh yeah. Of course they will. They'd never throw it in for free for people who are upgrading. I really hate Apple. I hate iTunes. And I bloody hate the fact that Apple products are compatible with practically nothing else. Unfortunately they make good stuff, so I'll stick with them for now.

My sentiments exactly! :D

I am really hacked off with myself for upgrading to iOS6 on my iPad- I would never have bothered in a million years if I had realised I was going to lose Google Street View. And NO, that useful excuse for a 3D video game - ie Apple's 3D fly-over is no compensation! :cry:

Cheers,
Ian

Agreed. Apple's Maps are a total joke at the moment. It should never have been released in iOS6 until they progress it to a useable state.

Mike
Saw
Regular

Postby nealmac » Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:29 pm

I'm fairly sure they'll sort the Map app out soon enough. I mean if they want to be a contender for Google, they won't have any choice.

However, can't see them having a street view (I didn't even realise there was a street view in the Google Maps app). That would involve them doing all their own photography. There are however loads of map apps free in the App Store. I wonder is any of them better than Apple's shite?
nealmac
Regular

Return to Other Topics