Sanitary pipes not staying connected anymore

This forum is for the general discussion of Revit MEP

Sanitary pipes not staying connected anymore

Postby revit7777 » Fri Sep 16, 2016 3:36 pm

Hi everyone,

I have had this issue on a lot of projects - when you start drawing up a sanitary system say you just drew a long run of pipe sloped at 1%. If I go to put a wye fitting in for a take-off it will automatically connect and be at the same slope and I am able to move it anywhere along with run of pipe with it following that slope having the pipes at both ends stay connected the whole time. But, for some reason after a day or so of working that way, Revit seems to decide it doesn't want to do that anymore. It will same as always put the fitting in properly the first time, but if I move it after that, nothing stays connected. This actually happens a lot with ductwork where it will all stay connected while making adjustments and then same thing - after about a day or so when you move things nothing stays connected anymore.

To me, this seems like I must have accidentally changed a setting somewhere to make it act differently. Has anyone else had a similar issue and if so, is there a fix for it?

Thanks!
revit7777

Re: Sanitary pipes not staying connected anymore

Postby StephenH » Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:04 am

So what happened with this project?
StephenH

Re: Sanitary pipes not staying connected anymore

Postby revit7777 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:44 pm

So apparently I was correct in assuming that I changed a setting which caused the problem. When you select a fitting and click "move" one of the check boxes at the top left is "disjoin". If this is checked the fitting will move with no relation to the pipe's slope and will not stay connected. My confusion came from how I thought revit worked. I thought that if you wanted that option you would have to check it every time. Apparently once checked it stays that way until you uncheck it. So once I figured that out it was back to working the way I wanted it to. Just one of those things I have to learn along the way I guess.
revit7777

Return to Revit MEP: General questions